View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023   #1
silver86

Default 1993 #379 First Issue: LTPWS Sensor Question

First "real" drive for the car yesterday since it arrived several weeks ago (paint correction/fluid changes/OEM tires swapped out for new, but I took the only the tires and wheels to the shop for mounting). Took the car on the highway and was fine until running it up around 80mph when it began to vibrate/shake. Figured the tires weren't balanced correctly; easy fix.

As I'm pulling back into the driveway, I hear a meta-on-metal clanking; very slow speed. In a panic I pulled the left rear wheel looking for broken suspension/loose exhaust/whatever. As I roll the wheel out of the way, I notice that the sound is coming from INSIDE the tire/wheel. My assumption is that when mounting the new tires, the shop cracked the sensor, and at highway speed it broke away from the band clamp.

Since this is a '93, I'm expecting that removing this failed sensor from this one wheel will trigger the DIC light. Since these sensors seem to be hard to come by, outside of pulling the bulbs (and of course replacing the sensor), are there any other ways to turn off the warning light?
silver86 is offline   Reply With Quote