View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015   #4
GSJoe

Default Re: Bought a new mate for my Z

Neat truck, David!! I'm not a truck person myself, but I just watched the Jay Leno link you provided so now I'm at least a bit familiar with your Z's new mate. As for black vehicles, well, I agree with you that it's hard to keep them clean and looking nice. They're beautiful when they're clean but... My first black car was a SIMCA around 1968 when I was still in college. (My uncle's Oldsmobile dealership sold them for a while.) After just a few months I swore I'd never buy another black car. Untrue to my word, I bought a brand new black Corvette in 1979. It wasn't long into that ownership that I swore a second time I'd never again buy a black car. Again untrue to my word, in 2001 I walked into the local Porsche dealership and saw a new black Boxster S on the showroom floor. I couldn't resist and bought it on the spot. Quickly growing tired of car-washing and paint swirl marks very visible in the bright sun, after just a few months of ownership I ordered a new 2002 Boxster S--in red! Hopefully I finally learned my lesson. That being said, since you now have three black vehicles, you can cry on my shoulder anytime you wish. I'll understand.
GSJoe is offline   Reply With Quote