View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016   #3
Roadster

Default Re: Another oil change completed......

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
that is the oil i use on my 1990. No smoke because 90's dont have exhaust valve seals, quiet, no chain noise at all and plenty of zinc to keep everything very smooth inside. I recently had some engine work and inside the engine was very shiney and clean. My mechanic said it looked new inside the cam covers and the cams looked great. I will stick with my high zinc mobil 1 for as long as I have my Z.

ed ramos #3028
Sounds good Ed, it was from some threads here on the forum that I decided to use the High Mileage 10W-40 version of Mobil 1. I am real happy with my decision as mentioned above, especially with the absence of the chain rattle noise.
So what type of engine work did you have performed? Was it some type of maintenance issue or did you have something done to increase the performance?
BTW, I have used Mobil 1 for many, many years in 99% of my vehicles without any complications whatsoever...I like their products.
Although I will admit that our '03 Pontiac Vibe which now has 162,000 miles plus has never used anything but conventional oil all of its life. Still runs great and hardly uses any oil.......

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote