View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024   #12
WARP TEN

Default Re: A question for the longtime owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWAIIZR-1 View Post
Hey Bob! Always good to hear from you. I guess I have not thought that far out, but if you ask me this question when I am 70 I'm pretty sure I wont have my Z by then so I totally understand. By then I surely don't want to be cursing at my car and rather just wash, gas, and drive to enjoy. Retirement, retirement is around the corner in little over 90 days so my mindset should change then. I need to get a more geezer appropriate vehicle at some point. Take care and I hope our paths cross again soon. Maybe at Carlisle this year? Aloha!
Hmmmmm. 90 days until retirement, but who's counting? Well once you do retire you will love it. Maybe even get a chance to come over and visit us in the states. For seven years in what I call my "early retirement" period I sold BMWs for a local dealer and had a lot of fun (but earned very little money). Then fully retired in 2014 and have enjoyed it all the time. And knowing you I am sure you will continue you involvement in cars. And you can still have fun with them. After all, my "geezer appropriate vehicle" has 650 HP, 650 ft. lbs. of torque and according to GM does 0-60 in 2.95 seconds. With its automatic, it is my daily driver most of the summer. Last year the Z06 came down April 1 and didn't go up for its winter nap until November1. I put 5,000 miles a year on it and just run it through a car wash when needed. No strain at all, except maybe getting in and out. When that gets too tough, maybe it will be time.... But for the moment it comes down off the lift as soon as I get back from a couple weeks in Florida. Aloha!--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Last edited by WARP TEN; 03-08-2024 at 07:33 AM.
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote