View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017   #27
2cam

Default Re: 1990 ZR-1 w/13k miles on auction at BAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valvesftw View Post
BAT is great place to look and maybe buy, but I doubt I would list a car there, the peanut gallery is too annoying.
Interestingly, I feel just the opposite. It seems like the perfect place to sell a car due to the low cost of entry to sell AND a lot of cars do seem to bring a premium on the site (not sure that C4 or later Corvettes do however). From a buyers perspective, the acquisition costs seem higher since the cars typically do bring a premium and have the 5% BaT fee added on top of that.

If you haven't done so, take a look at some of the completed BaT auctions. The prices that some of the cars bring on there is astounding ($40K 240Zs, $70K Alfa GTVs, $90K 2002s, $30K 510s, etc). I'm not really sure that they would bring those prices otherwise. I would even venture that BaT has made a market for a number of these cars.

So, from a selling perspective, I'm a fan. From the perspective of an enthusiast that loves cars, I'm not sure that I like them due to their role in increasing the acquisition costs of machines that I'd love to have in the garage.

Which brings us back to the C4 and the ZR-1 specifically - these things are INCREDIBLE bargains in today's world of classic cars.

2cam

Last edited by 2cam; 11-02-2017 at 09:36 AM.
2cam is offline   Reply With Quote