View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016   #6
WVZR-1

Default Re: ECM Labels "SNAPSHOTS" & confirmations

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
Up until 94 the ECM had a removable plug-in prom. Starting with 94 the ECM was a sealed unit with a programmable prom.

I forgot to mention that the last four digits of the six numbers in the first part of the bar code on line 2 is the prom scan ID.

Ken
The LT5 NEVER had a "programmable" PCM similar to those used in the LT1/4 '94+ production.

I posted this "as complete as I've been able to determine" from SPO and other sources back in 4/14 I believe.

Attachment 3432

I used this GM TIS application to confirm most of this information prior to 2012 - at that time TIS was OPEN to all. It's a subscription service now from ACD.

https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Yes on the bar code but that SCAN would only confirm "originality" to match production ECM which I believe to be "line 3" and likely the Delco controlled assembly number. A SCAN of the ALDL with a "service PROM" would display the service SCAN code from my chart. In the chart I posted the only discrepancy that I found and I'm quite sure is an "error" in line 5 - 1992. The BPPA I believe was only a PROM update to the original. I had several of those NOS and sold them.

I still have a few NOS GM# 16175910 BATL which is in the charts but using SPO INFO is an EXPORT only PROM.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 04-28-2016 at 09:14 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote