View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014   #2
Hog

Default Re: Last build-grille ID

This is us going for a spin. We are literally sitting on milk crates.

Here is the ad to sell the original Diamondback. This was late 60's. That Vette engine was a crate L76 365hp/327 that Dad bought from a local Chev. dealership. Its an L76 which is the same longblock as the 375hp L84 fuelie 327. Excellent L76 vs. L84 fuelie dyno comparo http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/vem...o/viewall.html

And here is the same car after being sold to a friend in front of the house that the money helped to build. House(that Dad built himself) and 1 acre was $18,000 back in 1971.

A picture of Diamondback from 1995. Someone trailered Diamondback to a car show that Mom and Dad put on in Woodstock. I remember the year as I was on leave from Basic Training and I got shipped back to see the carshow on the few streets that were closed down.

Diamondback back at Dads shop(on trailer) This was in 2008. The local business owner who contracted Dad to build Clone #1, went and located DIamondback and brought here home. They were going to use Diamondback at 1st, but she was in too rough of shape. I asked the business owner to sell me Diamondback when they were done with her, but he sold her to another guy who was going to build CLlne #2. It was this Clone #2 gentleman that donated the car back to me(after sinking thousands of dollars into the car and including a trailer and truckload full of parts) after Dad had died.

Diamondback, Southern Belle and Clone #1 all in a row.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494

Last edited by Hog; 10-20-2014 at 04:58 PM.
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote