Thread: Engine Cleaning
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009   #12
Dylan@Adams

Default Re: Engine Cleaning

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Thanks for the info. I grabbed the Swiel & Haze Remover off my shelf and started. Are you saying that the Revive Polish would be a little more aggresive than the S&HR? I know that both are non-abrasive but I would like to use the one that will work the best on the engine surfaces.

Jim
Actually the opposite, Revive is less aggressive, but its really comparing apples and oranges. Revive is a cleaner/surface prep type polish, SHR is a swirl remover/more traditional polish.

The reason I'd suggest Revive is that its properties lend itself better to the removal of 'stains' or discoloration from embedded contamination. Ideally you'd start with SHR and then finish with Revive to get the best of both... thats how the system was designed.

In any event it looks like you got excellent results with just the SHR, I was just offering a possible alternative to those in the audience