View Single Post
Old 08-04-2014   #313
cvette98pacecar

Default Re: Locobob's Interior Mod Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locobob View Post
I'm kinda favoring just building a really good aftermarket system at this point, my main issue with that (besides being expensive) is trying to find a good spot for an amp or amps. Looking at putting an 8in sub in the drivers side rear storage bin so no room for an amp there. I could put something in the passenger side rear storage but I don't want to clutter it up too much, like to keep at least some storage space there. Wouldn't mind putting an amp at the very bottom of the bin but its only 8x8 and about 3 1/2in tall. Not finding much that fits in that space. Also concerned with heat, amps tend to get hot so I don't want to pack one in somewhere only to have it get cooked. Guess thats the nice thing about the independent Bose amps, they don't kill your interior space.
Build an L shaped box where the amps are inside the horizontal fixture. I have been thinking about this for years. M&K utilizes a push/pull box where the rear wave of a second sub is open. The wave when it exits the sub will move air across the amp. I can draw you a draft of the box if needed.
I have Bose 901 and a M&K X12 that are over 12 years old in my house. I have tried to upgrade my home sound system twice now and cannot match the sound quality.

http://www.mksound.com/x-series

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote