View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021   #1
XfireZ51

Default I can laugh about it now. Whaddya think JThomas?

We?ve been having some decent weather here in the Midwest, so it was time for an FBI Pizza Night where we could dine outside. Paul Workman was coming up from Missouri so he organized this one. Had a good turnout. We all met at about 6-6:30 but by the time we wrapped up it was dark. A lovely balmy night, and I decided to take the long way home and let ROZA stretch its legs a bit on I90. The stretch from O?hare out towards Rockford had been recently widened to 4 lanes each side, so that stretch to Elgin has become a bit of a ?racetrack? with 75+mph being a minimum required speed. I was in the ?hammer? lane not exceeding by much the speed of everyone else around me when the red/white/blue lights of what seemed to be a GMC Tahoe came on behind me. CRAP!
I get the ZR pulled over 4 lanes of traffic and onto the shoulder. Window down w my DL ready to hand over. A younger looking trooper walks over. Of course I greet him politely. He immediately tells me that he?s stopped me but would just be issuing me a ?warning? because he has to have reason for stopping me. And the reason he stopped me was because I was changing lanes without using my turn signal. He said he had been following me for the last 3 miles.
Then he looks the ZR over and says, ?Are those 305s you have in the back??
I respond, ?No officer, those are 325s and I used to have 345s?. He smiled, took my license and then told me that he is just going to check things out. 5 minutes later, he comes back, gives me my license and tells me to drive safely.

My suspicion is that he may have possibly never seen a ZR-1 before. Some people refer to C4 ZR-1s as the Unicorn of Corvettes 😅😉

Maybe Joe Thomas may want to provide his take on this?
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote