View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014   #10
5ABI VT

Default Re: My Billet alt is here and it fits !! pics and input welcome !

Thanks for the replies .. Have a few things to do and then I'm going to have some time to look into the wiring and answer all the questions as best I can. Wiring isn't my forte I have to admit I'm pretty clueless at first glance at what I'm looking at. I do have a FSM I was looking for stereo diagrams and couldn't find anything .. I'm guessing that the charging system would be though.

Total cost was $443 usd for the alt. They offer several colors and anodizing too. One thing I learned about doing the wiring upgrade is that making better battery or grounds isn't just for stereos etc. Like modifying the other parts of a car to make them better.. The electrical system from the factory can be much improved apon. Dimming lights, faster power windows, better battery life. Better grounds and amperage keeps the ignition system happy too which really convinced me to go this route. This amp puts out at idle what the stock cs144 will do maximum, and won't even match it when it's hot.

Really happy to hear the side post is favorable. They did put it in the best and only spot I think possible (assuming the case can rotate in 4 positions). To try and answer what I asked for, I sent tons of photos and measurements as best I could to them. Ear to ear seems to be the only one that was important and seems the only thing off is slight thickness of the outer ear. I'm sure for future orders they can make the adjustment . I'll be measuring the gap and post it here as well as email dc about it.
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote