View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015   #10
JThomas

Default Re: 2015 C4/ZR-1 Gathering Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
The Track Day was a lot of fun to most everyone I spoke with. The morning "parade laps" were much more brisk than most of us expected. It was well run and the track is fantastic. I can honestly say it is one of the most interesting and fun tracks I've ever been on (and I've been on a lot).

The afternoon Track Cross (or whatever it was called) also exceeded my expectations. It was a large percentage of the full track (maybe 2 miles of the 3.2 mile full course) with cones at apexes and chicanes to break up the long straights (so we wouldn't be well over 100 mph).

I guess the one thing that could have been better (mentioned by someone else and I agree) was perhaps more track orientation, track map discussion to help people who haven't spent much time on race tracks. Unfortunately we had a few spins and two cars with light hits in tire walls, but both cars can be driven home.

The weather was great for the track day. Friday through Sunday is forecast at 40%-70% rain. That's okay for most as we'll be listening in on great presentations and doing Factory VIP tours.

Oh, and there are a LOT of really impressive cars here - C4 through C7's.

Sorry the pictures aren't better.
Awesome, thanks a lot, glad everyone enjoyed the track.
NCM Master Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member
Former NCM Board Member
1991 ZR-1 Melon Copper Metallic/Black
1992 ZR-1 Bright Red/Black (Sold)
1995 ZR-1 Bright Aqua/Gray (Sold)
2012 ZR1 Super Sonic Blue / Dark Titanium
JThomas is offline   Reply With Quote