View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012   #6
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Humbled a 911 Turbo

On my way to a Cruise Night last spring. I live out in the country, so I don't see many cars on the road, leave alone a C6. But, I looked up, and there he was, a silver C6 glued to my rear bumper. OOfda!! What da hey?? Sucker musta dropped outta the sky or something. I was almost startled!

We came to a stop, and then a right turn onto a smooth blacktop with a fiesty S curve at the end of about 1/2 mile. I accellerated in first - not WOT, but just enough to see what his intentions were. Was he just out for a strole, or mischief? Ah...MISCHIEF!

My accelleration caught him a little off guard, and I had the lead as we rounded the right turn together, so he was back a couple car lengths as I went into 2nd at about 5500 or so. I looked up and he was comin hard and thought about showing this ol C4 an thing or two, I recon!

Well, a "500" package is just about the "tip-in" point in FBI country, and with a 5500 rpm head start for an LT5 going into 2nd gear is everything I could want just then! The C6 driver hung it out for about a second before reality set in and chose dignity over humiliation.

As it turned out, we were both headed to the same cruise night, and we met again at the show. He recongnized the car and stopped by to talk Corvettes a bit. Then is when he saw an LT5 for the first time, and we spent about 10 minutes discussing the ZR-1s and their legacy and Corvettes in general. He was a Vette guy too, and we had a nice chat. After, he said he didn't feel so bad - that is was not just some C4 that was taking his LS3 to the woodshed!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry

Last edited by Paul Workman; 10-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote