View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014   #28
mgbrv8

Default Re: missing/rough running

You did some things no one else has done in those photos
I am sneeky
What did you do to the water pump impeller on the lathe?
The aftermarket pumps impeller was making contact with the block so I had to do a light cut to the impeller for clearance
I see you got around the air locked water pump by installing a brass pipe plug on the top side of the water pump?
I went what I think is an easier way by blocking off the TB coolant at the Injector Housing with an Aluminum Plug each side.
I have taken apart "other" AC compressors....what did you do to rebuild your AC compressor?
I see you have a photo of Auto Air New Parts....is that what you did?
Ahh good eye, But I wrote a big write up for the next Heart of the Beast Newsletter so I dont want to spoil anything
I see you did clean the orifice screen on the High Side.
I have also replaced the armature bearings in LT5 starters as you apparently also did?

Did you replace anything else in the starter other than clean up the contact points in the Solenoid?

Again its going to be a future articular for the Heart of the Beast Newsletter

You obviously replaced the Purge Canister finding Canister filter material scattered through the system

Great stuff there Dave
Can I copy a photo or two that I do not have in my own collection?
I am already using your starter in parts photo in my Starter Reconditioning Thread with credit to you for photo

Yes you can all I ask is that you put my name on them with Microsoft paint or something, David Hetrick

Thanks...... I am studying all your photos for any additional secrets you may have
I may have an additional question or two but I think most is in your very informative posts which I catch in -Solutions-
mgbrv8 is offline   Reply With Quote