View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #1
Top Toy

Default Humbled a 911 Turbo

Was on my way to a cruise-in a few months ago and saw a 911 coming up from behind on a 4 lane local road. He pulls up on my left and I see it's about a 2000 vintage turbo with the giant whale tail. Just before approaching an on-ramp to the interstate, he passes me and takes the lead onto the ramp. I figured things were going to get interesting very quickly and I wasn't disappointed. As soon as we got close to the highway and could see a clear spot in traffic, he hammered it with the obvious expectation of leaving me in the wake of that silly looking tail. Didn't happen! I punched it in the upper range of second, passed him while hitting 3rd and wailing at about 7200, and continued to humiliate him until letting off in 4th. He then tucked in behind me and we cruised at legal speeds for another several miles before I exited for my cruise-in. Felt good to be paid proper respect by such a high profile car.
'95 ZR-1, aqua/gray, #167
368 LPE/Haibeck, Web cams, Stainless Works headers, B&B Fusion exhaust, 18" Fikse wheels, Alcon brakes, lowered. 491 SAE RWHP.
Top Toy is offline   Reply With Quote