View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018   #6
A26B

Default Re: So, you inherited a ZR1..

Even though it has some issues, if sold in its present condition, I wouldn't let it go for less than $10,000. Strong consideration should be given to 5,200 mileage. The drive line, engine, transmission/clutch & differential assembly alone should bring $9,000.

I'm not suggesting you part it out. The paint could be an expensive fix & it may not. A professional wet sand & buff would be a LOT less costly and could make it look just as good as new. Low 5,200 miles may offset the "fix it up" cost & would make an easier sale.

Quote:
* Paint is poor, faded and uneven
Wet Sand & Buff will do wonders unless clear coat is peeling.

Quote:
* Tires are original 1991! Cracked and need replacing before it is ever driven at speed.
I would suggest leaving the tires as-is. Adds to originality & low miles

Quote:
* Interior is solid and complete, but smells musty and some of the fit & finish has a 'curl' to it, where stuff doesnt fit flush. Most notably the glove box does not open nicely, the casing around it has deformed and tends to "untuck" out of its housing.
I'm not an interior guy, but if someone knows of a way to fix, they are likely on this forum. If not, most of the parts are the same as as regular C4. Check with Mirock for used replacements.

Quote:
* Most dash/electronics work except the radio produces no sound.
Search on this forum for Bose Amps. They can be sent off for repair.

Quote:
* Driver side headlight does not return to closed position, motors both churn away but the left one needs a push to shut it.
Simple fix & new gears are available from Ecklers, Corvette Central, MidAmerica, etc.

Quote:
* 2 tops - one body colored, one glass, both fine condition except the body colored top headliner is sagging.
Can be easily repaired at any decent upholstery shop

Quote:
* Weatherstripping and rubber around windows is dry and cracked, plan on a full replacement of all the rubber around the windows.
First, try conditioning with dielectric silicone grease. Very good for conditioning & maintenance.

Caveat: this is simply my opinion, certainly not the last word.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote