Thread: engine wear
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013   #40
Dynomite

Default Oil Level Sensors

Jerry my man.......those were Left Clickable Links in RED I call them Descriptive Links.
Anything underlined and especially in Bold Red is left Clickable
That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Oh...and I might add....when you buy from Jerry expect the most professional Packaging of Gaskets and expect two day delivery...Maybe three day if post lady is lazy.

And that Post above is referenced in Solutions under the Heading ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
New Oil Pan Gasket and Bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
Dynomite aka Mr. Solutions: Thank you for the referral!! I will see if I can find the LT5 Oil Level Sensors!!
Jerry....I looked at your NEW 90' oil pan and that is how I found out I do not have an Oil Level Sensor on my 90'.......and that was a great description of that issue associated with the Oil Level Sensor NOT in production untill 1991 New 1990 Oil Pan

The Oil Pan for 1990, 91 & 92 are interchangable with the only difference being, the 1990 LT5 engine was not equipped with a Low Oil Level Sensor. The extra material was cast into the pan but not machined for the screw-in sensor. As such, the oil level indicator would not be functional if the 1990 oil pan is used for 1991 & 1992 applications

First two photos are of a Brass Oil Level Sensor threaded Connecter and the last three photos are of a Plastic Oil Level Sensor threaded Connector.

Brass Oil Level Sensor 93'-95' Jerrys Brass Oil Level Sensor 93' to 95'

Plastic oil Level Sensor 91'-92' Summit Racing Oil Level Sensor
Jerrys Plastic Oil Level Sensor

I learn something every day

Jerry.....there is an identical Solutions on two web sites just for your information and both updated continuously

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-14-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote