View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019   #11
G-Sting

Default Re: Newport RI Cars & Coffee Schedule 2019

Thank you for the very informative posts on both the Newport C&C, as well as the Newport Car Museum. My 29 year old son-in-law is moving to Newport, RI this week cross-country from CA, and I've already passed on the C&C schedule to him, and will also inform him about the museum. If I can get off work, I'll be with him a few of those days helping out with the move.

He is a very knowledgeable auto enthusiast and is the guilty one who got me into the C-4 ZR-1. One morning about 4 years ago he said to me, "There's a C-4 ZR-1 at the local Chevy dealer. Wanna go test drive it?" I said, "Well, I'm not in the market for one, but I'll go with you." That was a mistake... or good fortune... however a person looks at it. It wasn't "the one," but soon thereafter led to the purchase of the '94.

Anyway, I hope you get a chance to meet him at one of these events. He drives a nicely kept black '83 911 with ITB mods from https://rasantproducts.com/, has met Magnus Walker, exchanged emails and was invited to visit his place twice, bringing along a few friends. Yet he loves our ZR-1s too, or just about anything speedy on 4 wheels.

Thanks again,
"G"
"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." -- G.K. Chesterton
G-Sting is offline   Reply With Quote