View Single Post
Old 08-30-2014   #25
XfireZ51

Default Re: Revised dates POLL: Mercury Marine visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARP TEN View Post
If Bob is actually staying in Libertyville rather than Gurnee, I would suggest again that the best place to meet would be the Lake Forest Oasis on the northbound I-94 tollway just north of Route 60/Townline Road. If most people coming from the south will be coming up I-294 and/or I-94, then they don't have to get off the tollway to go find his hotel then get back on. Since I live up here it makes no difference to me where we meet; just thought this would be the most time efficient and easier for those unfamiliar with the area. --Bob
Bob,

I think we should keep Gurnee as the rallying point even if DeMarco won't be staying there. It's a large exit, just look for the roller coaster, and it will be nearly as easy on/easy off as the oasis. It's a bit further north and closer. No more tolls beyond RT 137 also.
I can scout out some places in Gurnee Mills Mall area. There's an Applebee's, for example, right at the entrance. Gas if necessary also. Again, we shouldn't be heading out any later than 7:45 so need to be in Gurnee by 7:30.

To recap known participants:

1. Myself
2. Pete
3. DeMarco
4. Lgaff
5. Marc Haibeck
6. WarpTen
7. 4camJon
8. Paul Workman
9. Fred Haraf
10. ZR1 Fast from Palatine
11. ghlkal
12. Crossfire
13. Scottskill

Pretty good group. Be nice to have an even 15. Since some will be coming from Minnesota and Wisconsin, maybe ghlkal can suggest a rendezvous point before we all pull into MM.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX

Last edited by XfireZ51; 08-30-2014 at 12:53 PM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote