View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014   #21
Z06scentair

Default Re: New member and owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samgallagher View Post
Brad,
Fortunately, the previous owner achieved the awards. My understanding to achieve the Cross Flag Award is a 3 yr process. I cannot confirm this with NCRS but my understanding is that this car is the first ZR1 1990 to receive this award. Fact remains it received the award and now ready to be put out to pasture :-)

The car is fully documented. Pictures of original owner all the way to a folder containing the press release in 1989 with a stack of black and white photos. Owner took off the original exhaust, rims, tires and air filter. Those items came with the car. Kudos to the previous owner for his due diligence and hard work.

As far as attending upcoming chapter meets, etc…depends. Sporting Clays comes first and I am also looking for a used enclosed auto trailer. Not just for the ZR1 but for my 1964 Coupe Fuelie. If I do go to an event you listed I will send you a note.

What car is that in your Avatar photo? Looks like a big block stinger hood. Do you own a C2?
Sam
Sam

That is awesome. I have a 90 #1964 red/red that is prime candidate for the cross flags award. Will begin chapter flighting in two weeks. Then on to Florida in January for regionals, followed by DM award in April charlotte nc.

Yes that is a 67 435 in the picture. Have a Glen Green 65 L78 coupe, and 63 L76 roadster. Several C4's and a couple mid 70's C3's.

It's great seeing others preserving these auto's.

Would love to achieve the same pedigree with my 1990.

Brad
Z06scentair is offline   Reply With Quote