View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015   #9
Bolling

Default Re: UPDATE: Morris Cruise nite June 13th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
UPDATE:

I forwarded an email to the "FBI" that I sent to Linda, the Morris Cruise Nite coordinator who informs me they will have a spot reserved for our cars!

They ask that we arrive at the same time, if possible, to eliminate stragglers from getting separated from the group. So, here's what I think we should do: Let's rally at the WalMart parking lot and be ready to head down to the Cruise Nite, leaving the Walmart parking lot at as close to 4:40 as possible to cruise down as a group; arriving at the entrance on Washington street about 5 pm.

Again, it is $10 per car, but if you don't enter a car in the show, you can park where you can outside of the show area and walk in: the show is FREE!

CORRECTION: New information: Turn west (toward the sun) on WASHINGTON STREET...NOT on W. Illinois as I was initially told. (Washington St. is two blocks NORTH of the river bridge.) There will be signs posted, and a line of various (show type) cars of all kinds leading the way. There will be no problem finding the right street.

I would suggest that once we get parked at the event that we plan to meet at one of the eateries at a certain time so everyone can enjoy the sights and smells and eye-candy at your leisure! I would recommend you BRING A BAG CHAIR to sit on!

I'll bring the ZR-1 signs for the dash. If anyone has any of those posters describing the ZR-1s and what they are, you might want to bring them. (I have one, but it isn't mounted yet.)

RAIN: As of now, chances are the weather is going to cooperate? Cloudy with a 20% chance of rain. BUT, if that changes, and if it is in fact raining, we'll postpone to another time! (Have your cell phone close!)

Looking forward to seeing everybody!!

Paul.
New owner here. Planning to attend but have grandsons birthday party to attend so I know I will be probably an hour or more late. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Bolling is offline   Reply With Quote