View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014   #6
Harvie

Default Re: Jack... in spare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I wasn't in that 'class' there Harvie, at the time...

Jack handle is behind the driver's seat here Daryll - found that when I converted the interior. But I sure thought EARLIER C4 had the styrofoam mold in the cargo storage area.

But now if 'dealer prep' included handing the jack / package to the buyer, wonder here what that tells about original sale???

Can the mold be bought?

Anyone here got their Z, bought new? What do you have there?
I bought new and got all the doc packages black leather case vcr tapes service manuals (all 3 parts) GM parts manual complete and spare tire tools given to me by the service manager. Still have them all.

The country was in a recession. All GM dealers were not used to dealing with a buyer that spent big $$ so they had various managers deal with us.

They gave us just about anything we wanted or needed pertaining to the cars to make that 80K sale. Most would even deliver in an enclosed truck right to your garage (for those who were using them as their retirement account).

One dealer guaranteed the cars would appreciate and signed papers letting the owner trade it for any car they could order form Chevy, 25 years later, even up.... he went brankrupt....The other large dealer around here were matching Lowes offer, Lustine also is gone now...

Later into 92 early 93 they were discounting them big time to move them. A big reason was that the dealers could not trade the cars inbetween dealerships or they would not get any future LT5s.
[-X show poodles & trailer queens :-({|=
Fast and fun not pretty in pink.
Harvie is offline   Reply With Quote