Thread: Corvette Museum
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014   #200
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
The Dark Green is my editing additions for ya as I assume you have the same Forum Rules in the Members Only Section

And NON-MEMBERS LIKE Dynomite....who does what??? .....Oh forget it........... It is too complicated.....
hmm

If you want to be a part of the Restoration, here are some ways to do that

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A NATIONAL CORVETTE MUSEUM MEMBER

MAKE A DIRECT DONATION TO THE MUSEUM
Jeeeeze... guys! As Brett often reminds us, "Its just a car club!" I think we're in violent agreement here! I was just responding to ghlkal's question regarding what thoughts the Directors have on the NCM donation subject. By Directors, I assumed the question wasn't soliciting personal comments from individual directors like me, but asking more along the lines of what an official response involving the Registry (members) should be. There is a big difference, but not everyone (obviously) understands that.

The Mission Statement for the ZR-1 Net Registry club is "Keeping the Legend Alive". There are formal goals and objectives and dues collected to cover expenses (such as licenses, fees, event promotions (e.g., drag racing at Bowling Green) trophies, event sponsorships, BG gathering (a biggie), etc. and funds are budgeted; ALL in the name of providing the most fun from owning the ZR-1 as possible. There are 9 members on the Board of Directors that volunteer 100s of hours of their time to promote the enjoyment of the club for the members in ways most have no idea; some very visible things such as group purchases, locating supporting vendors and getting member discounts, gathering material and producing a news letter, membership recruiting, financial accounting and reporting, record keeping, etc.

So... When "chit happens" (or sink holes as the case may be) where club resources might be diverted from "Keeping the (ZR-1) Legend Alive", and priorities/budgets that are already in place have to be compromised to accommodate the emergency, MEMBERS have a say in how their club resources are used. That's all.

Individual's, members and non-members alike have good ideas and do a lot to support the hobby; yourself especially, Cliff. This place wouldn't be the great place it is without that kind of support to fellow Z nuts. That's the reason the forums are open to the public at no charge to members and non-members alike.

But, some are oblivious to how their bread gets buttered, and become petulant at the first sign of things that don't go exactly as they wish.

Dealing with organizations is often frustrating at times, boy-yo-boy (don't get me started!). We can respectfully disagree as adults anytime. But, as soon as someone starts getting derogatory, Forum Rule #5 (among others) kicks in - my meaning in bringing it up... I'd rather be hearing some ideas on how to raise a good amount toward the Museum and promote the Mission of the ZR-1 community at the same time than dealing with "pissy" (spelled with an "I", Cliff...I know you!)

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote