Thread: 1990 #2659
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023   #14
Raykahn

Default 1990 #2659

The car is back from Haibeck's. Marc works evenings on Fridays and that allowed me to catch a late flight and pick up the car close to midnight. I was not entirely unsurprised by that, we have actually exchanged a number of emails in the wee hours of the morning. I can appreciate a fellow night owl.

The car feels great. Worlds away from what it did prior. The combination of new shocks and frame stiffener goes a long way to make for a more comfortable and enjoyable ride, and the rebalanced clutch has removed the concern of imminent disintegration at high RPMs.

A bit of everything was touched during this visit, but the big things are as follows:

DeWitts double row radiator
Frame Stiffener Kit
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
New Shocks (A mishap with the supplier actually means I only have 3 new shocks, 4th to be shipped down. Potential WAZOO maintenance day item I suppose)
Rebalanced Clutch
Dyno Tuned
Speedometer Correction for 3.91 gearing
Minimum Dimness for the gauge cluster to ~20%

Along with a number of smaller items that Marc discovered along the way. I had made a comment that I wasn't entirely happy with how my shifter boot just falls loose down the stick instead being mounted up and he figured out a way to rig it up. He really goes the extra mile.

Maybe the one less than happy item from this whole thing was the Dyno numbers and what they mean. Marc got it clocked in at 509hp, and while a great result it does indicate the engine is not as powerful as I had thought. A potential upgrade I will have to consider for the future. In the meantime I will leave my door sill protectors on as a historical artifact of the car.

Today I washed and waxed it. The exhaust tips were straight black after having traveled ~1500 miles (somewhat visible in the photo above), and they received a well deserved polish. Lots of road grime to wash off, but I am glad to have it back. The weather has been so nice recently that I was sorely missing the car.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5249.jpg (117.3 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5247.jpg (144.5 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5245.jpg (162.8 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5242.jpg (165.4 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by Raykahn; 04-10-2023 at 02:53 AM.
Raykahn is offline   Reply With Quote