View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012   #1
Rusty

Default Running rough/missing (94 ZR1)

About 1.5 months ago I bought my first Corvette and really jumped in the deep end.. a '94 ZR1 with a good number of miles (~140,000 km) that, I suspect, hasn't been treated overly gently at its previous owners'. I found when driving it home after purchase (~200 km) that after running for a while and warming up, the car develops what feels like a miss. It kind of makes a stuttering/gurgling/popping noise, the car jerks around a bit, and it keeps going. No Service Engine Soon light comes on. It doesn't hesitate when accelerating and seems to idle well enough. We just put in new spark plugs, hoping for an cheap/easy fix, but that doesn't seem to have helped the problem much (if at all). I've probably gone through 2.5 tanks of premium fuel since purchase, so it doesn't seem likely to me that it's just some bad or old gas.

I've read a lot of posts on the forum about a similar sounding problem in 90-92's that are making me wonder if it could be the fuel injectors on my '94, but I'm not sure if there are other "typical" issues in a '94 that could be causing this? Any thoughts/suggestions/similar experiences are appreciated!
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote