be there or be square ...
Old 09-19-2016   #2
gbrtng

Default Re: South Texas ZR-1 BBQ Oct 21 to 13, 2016

reminder !
Old 09-19-2016   #3
diamond zr1

lets start getting some commitments so we can plan the food/only a month out/how about it Houston/Dallas/Should be a great time/lets work on our cars,meet new zr1ers,and drive these beasts
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016   #4
carter200

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond zr1 View Post
lets start getting some commitments so we can plan the food/only a month out/how about it Houston/Dallas/Should be a great time/lets work on our cars,meet new zr1ers,and drive these beasts
I will be there with Russell F. on Saturday.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016   #5
gbrtng

One more week !!! the forecast is great weather compounded by lotsa fun ... so come on down. Please sign up if you have not already done so.

Glenn
Old 10-21-2016   #6
carter200

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter200 View Post
I will be there with Russell F. on Saturday.
Looks like I'll be a no show as my ride had issues come up. See you there hopefully next year.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016   #7
Vette Guy

Carter,

We've been looking out for you! Do we need to come pick you up? Get yourself down to San Antonio! Weather's nice, and we're not that far.

I can say that we had a great time this evening, and I haven't laughed so much since someone posted photos of Frank's look-alike on the forum! The gang is all here and BBQ is awesome - you can smell it miles away from Joe's ranch - just follow your nose!

I just returned home a little while ago - we stayed out in the garage well after midnight - time just got away from us. Looking forward to tomorrow for more of the same.

Come on down!

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016   #8
diamond zr1

great weather/old friends and made new ones/lots of zr1s and a couple Callaways/thanks for making the trip Down both Frank and Will/worked on cars late into the night both Friday and Sat. nights/ Thanks to those who drove from out of state like Jerry/and my brother and nephew who flew in from out of state to help with the BBQ/If I can get Mark or Glenn to post up photos/The people are what make ZR1's so special/Lets do these work/play days more often
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016   #9
Fully Vetted

OMG, what a great weekend. This is what truly completes the ZR-1 ownership experience. We wrapped up at about 1 AM Friday night and about 2:30 Sat night. Lowered my car and replaced the half shaft u-joints. Had fun working on Lee's Z as well. While Mark was rebuilding his window regulator Tony and I replaced both dew wipes on his doors. Again, I'd like to point out that on the door I worked on the window actually rolled up when the UP switch is pushed! Just sayin...

It was great to meet everyone. Ton's of food, perfect weather and some sick, sick cars. Can't wait for the next one. What are you guys doing next weekend??

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016   #10
Vette Guy

What a great time... As was alluded to earlier, this is what it's all about - ZR-1 people coming together to share one another's company, spending time sharing stories, seeing great cars, and enjoying the event.

While these photos didn't capture the great time we had, I hope they share a little of what we did this weekend. I can say that I really enjoyed turning wrenches with everyone, as well as taking direction from all of the supervisors who came to make sure we did all jobs correctly!

As David said, when's the next one? :-)

Here's Lee and Donnie making sure work David Adam's ZR-1 was properly supported as the mechanics were on break - again!

Here's Joe Cagianut coming out to greet everyone, walking through his garage of Jeal, Callaway and Lingenfelter Corvettes. This was just a small part of his automotive complex. He even had a C4 race car living in the back part of the shop!

Joe's bother, Ray, overseeing the mechanics. Ray has a beautiful 1990 steel blue ZR-1.

Here are the work directors - Bob Hall, Joe Cagianut, Jerry Downey, Tony Nufer and his wife Linda, with Gayle Cagianut on the left, likely asking everyone if they needed any food or drink.

Here's David Adams tightening up one extra long spring bolts after replacing the u-joints on both half-shafts.

Tony Nufer helping David Adams ensure each of the lowering bolts are tightened equally to ensure the ZR-1 doesn't lean one way or the other.
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote