ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 Members' Rides

Old 08-30-2013   #1
ctbandhmb

Default New member with new to me Z

Hello all I just joined the forum and wanted to share the newest member of my family. Just picked up a 90 Z with 27k on the clock. Haven't even gotten to plates yet! I cant remember a more fun car to drive. It was a 1 owner car prior to me and is mostly stock however it does have a 4.10 rear end and a B&B cat back. I didnt see any info on the wheels in the paperwork however they appear to be CCW Classics. The rears are 335. I also suspect there is some type of chip in it because the CAGS does not engage and there is no light either. The CAGS is easy to defeat but my understanding is that the only way to stop the 1-4 shift light is through a chip. It seems to run like a monster however there are a couple of concerns that I am going to document and post in the tech forum.

Also, the prior owner was defintely a member of the registry. There were a bunch of ZR1 Registry stickers in the window ranging from about 99 - 08 or something like that. The guy lived in Michigan and I picked it up from a dealership in Jackson MI. Thanks!

1990 ZR1 New to Me!!!

I also have a 95 LT1..... it is currently for sale....
1995 LT1
ctbandhmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #2
ScottZ95ZR1

Default Re: New member with new to me Z

Beautiful car - welcome to the club and forum, Chris!

Lots of knowledgeable guys here to help you sort those issues out.
Unfortunately for me, I'm not one of them - but you are definitely in the right place!
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #3
We Gone

Congrats and Welcome.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #4
SteelBlueZR1

Congrats on a beauty Z and great wheels to boot. Welcome to ZR1 Net Registry - the best group of car enthusiasts ever. When you become a member, you can view the registry and identify owner(s) by last 4 of vin in members only section: http://www.zr1netregistry.com/Inform...HowtoJoin.aspx
Haibeck chip, slotted rotors, camber brace, C-beam plates, OBX exhaust, Nitto NT555 tires
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SteelBlueZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #5
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbandhmb View Post
Hello all I just joined the forum and wanted to share the newest member of my family. Just picked up a 90 Z with 27k on the clock. Haven't even gotten to plates yet! I cant remember a more fun car to drive. It was a 1 owner car prior to me and is mostly stock however it does have a 4.10 rear end and a B&B cat back. I didnt see any info on the wheels in the paperwork however they appear to be CCW Classics. The rears are 335. I also suspect there is some type of chip in it because the CAGS does not engage and there is no light either. The CAGS is easy to defeat but my understanding is that the only way to stop the 1-4 shift light is through a chip. It seems to run like a monster however there are a couple of concerns that I am going to document and post in the tech forum.

Also, the prior owner was defintely a member of the registry. There were a bunch of ZR1 Registry stickers in the window ranging from about 99 - 08 or something like that. The guy lived in Michigan and I picked it up from a dealership in Jackson MI. Thanks!

1990 ZR1 New to Me!!!

I also have a 95 LT1..... it is currently for sale....
1995 LT1
What a great intro. Welcome to the group.
I like how you're doing your homework on what's what in the car. That's a great starting point. Many cars can get hacked up so much that you can't tell what's what and I feel for anyone buying one of these free spirited but undocumented highly modified cars. It creates a marvelous challenge for maintenance. Sounds like yours may be moderately modded. Hope it came with a set of manuals or what you'll see referred to as FSM here in the forum. If so perhaps the previous owner documented mods or had the mechanic do so.

You may want to take a look at this list of acronyms. They get used a lot here. Look to post #1 of this thread:
http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?...acronym&page=3

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #6
FU

Nice ! And welcome

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #7
Kevin

welcome tot he group. seems we're only about an hour away from each other
Old 08-30-2013   #8
ctbandhmb

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I will say that I have had the opportunity to drive a variety of cars and though it isn't the flat out most powerful car I have driven (that would be my brother-in-laws built 03 Cobra that dynoed at 600+ rwhp), there is something just flat out exciting about driving the Z that I cant put my finger on.

My first project with it will be to break out the dual action polisher and work on the paint. There is some very evident swirling that I believe should clean up really nicely.

Kevin, you are correct we are less than an hour away. I actually work up in Cranberry when I have to go into the office and when my wife and I get away from the kids for an evening we normally head up to Robinson. I would love to meet up sometime if you would be up for that.
ctbandhmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013   #9
Kevin

sounds great to me. i'm always up for a little z talk. I don't know if you do the whole cars and coffee thing but the pittsburgh one meets in warrandale. let me know when you're down this way next and we'll figure out a place to meet up
Old 08-30-2013   #10
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Congrats!!!!!

Sounds like you have a great car!!!

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote