ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-04-2007   #1
Hammer

Talking Rear Hatch Weatherstrip

It looks like my rear hatch weatherstrip could use replacing. Not too bad, just needs replacing. I found this on ebay and am curious what everybody thinks about it. Has anyone ever used it? Where would a person go to get some weatherstripping if it isn't any good.
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...mZ190107151766
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: Rear Hatch Weatherstrip

John, on the rear hatch weather strip I insist on GM pieces. The aftermarket ones seem to always be a little "short" and don't fit right.
Old 06-04-2007   #3
Hammer

Talking Re: Rear Hatch Weatherstrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
John, on the rear hatch weather strip I insist on GM pieces. The aftermarket ones seem to always be a little "short" and don't fit right.
Hi Jeff,

You have a source for those or just get 'em at Chevy?
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #4
jonszr1

has anyone tried one of this guys pieces . the reenforceing in the corners sound good maybe there is a quality guy for these. just thought to ask
jonszr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007   #5
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
Hi Jeff,

You have a source for those or just get 'em at Chevy?
I get mine at the dealership.
Old 06-05-2007   #6
Jim Nolan

I changed mine with a GM replacement. I changed it by my self, but would have had an easier time of it had I had somebody to give me a hand. Just a little messy.
Jim Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #7
Tim

Mine needs replacing too. Is the one at mid america comparable in quality and price? Do they come with adhesive? How long does the replacement take for the average curb side mechanic. Thanks all. And thanks for the great people here.
Old 06-05-2007   #8
evl_twn

I got mine (GM factory part) through Mid-America last year at Funfest (10% off), and it's a pretty easy job. Remove rear plastic trim pieces, remove the old weatherstrip, slide the new one in place, replace trim pieces. You'll need to undo the hatch struts one at a time to get the new weatherstrip in place. I did this by myself, wasn't that bad at all and took less than an hour. No sealer is needed, just remove the old one and slide the new one on. It does go a bit easier if you lay out the new weatherstrip in the sun for a bit to soften it up first.
evl_twn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #9
bldavis11

Quote:
It looks like my rear hatch weatherstrip could use replacing. Not too bad, just needs replacing. I found this on ebay and am curious what everybody thinks about it. Has anyone ever used it? Where would a person go to get some weatherstripping if it isn't any good.
Thanks

I purchased a few pieces through Corvette Rubber. The outer door seals were GM. The door weatherstrips themselves were not in a GM package, but everything fit perfectly.
bldavis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007   #10
zr-1assassin

Quote:
Thanks

i just replaced mine with one off of ebay and i was realy suprised at the fit! i was wondering the same thing as you when i got mine, save the money and give it a try. or you can get it from the general and pay $50 for the stripping and another $100 for the name
zr-1assassin is offline   Reply With Quote