ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-14-2007   #1
flyin ryan

Default V/C emblem

as a lot of you know i just got my 90 & 95 home on Monday now that my new garage is almost finished, haven't got to any pics yet. the cars have been out of my imediate hands for about 14 months. even when i had the cars when i first got them it wasn't for very long. anyways i thought something was strange with my 95...it has the valve cover emblems with the red background, same as my 90, instead of the black background. my Ruby has the black ones. strange? not totally uncommom? i'm 99% sure they have never been mucked with. car has 9900 miles & it looks like it. what do you all think?
Old 12-14-2007   #2
flyin ryan

Default Re: V/C emblem

i took a couple of quick pics: this is my 93[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-14-2007   #3
flyin ryan

this my 95, it's exactly the same as my 90:[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-14-2007   #4
Jeffvette

Been changed out. The 91-95 emblems are prone to fading and turning purple. The 90 emblems stay black, but everntually the red and white color comes out.
Old 12-14-2007   #5
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Been changed out. The 91-95 emblems are prone to fading and turning purple. The 90 emblems stay black, but everntually the red and white color comes out.

100% correct!! Your 1995 is sporting a pair of 1990 Cam cover emblems

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 12-16-2007 at 09:18 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #6
flyin ryan

that's the only thing it could be, i know. but...it's just that the car is ssooo original & the guy i got it from wasn't a real car guy like us, i'm 100% sure he's never heard of this site, so he wasn't one to change it. it sat in his dad's museum for maybe eight years or so before he got it. i think the car still has the original oil filter if you can believe that, the sticker's kind of water worn so you can't read it. the emblem had to be changed at some point but i can't figure out who would have done it? oh well...

Last edited by flyin ryan; 12-17-2007 at 10:50 AM.
flyin ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #7
Aurora40

If you decide to pull off the '90 emblems and want to get rid of 'em, let me know!
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007   #8
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
If you decide to pull off the '90 emblems and want to get rid of 'em, let me know!
No kidding the 1990 cam cover emblems are like rare rear bumper moldings are!! a one year only!!! Kinda like golden hen teeth!!

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 12-17-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-17-2007   #9
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin ryan
that's the only thing it could be, i know. but...it's just that the car is ssooo original & the guy i got it from wasn't a real car guy like us, i'm 100% sure he's never heard of this site, so he wasn't one to change it. it sat in his dad's museum for maybe eight years or so before he got it. i think the car still has the original oil filter if you can believe that, the sticker's kind of water worn so you can't read it. the emblem had to be changed at some point but i can't figure out who would have done it? oh well...
Who knows the dealer could have done it or the originals yellowed or maybe one fell off and the only pair available was these. No big deal really unless your going through a NCRS competition.
Old 12-17-2007   #10
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON
Who knows the dealer could have done it or the originals yellowed or maybe one fell off and the only pair available was these. No big deal really unless your going through a NCRS competition.
ya i'm with, it's just that the car is so all there it seems strange that emblem's are changed. the black emblems on my Ruby are in quite good shape, almost look's a little worse in the picture than in person, i would automatically assume the 95's would be awesome. NCRS won't be seeing my shadow anytime soon anyhow