ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-09-2008   #1
GrayZ

Default 2009 Bowling Green gathering, when???

I am trying to get my ducks in a row for 2009.
I would really like to know when the Gathering is going to
be held, so I can plan some events, around it.

My grand opening party, car show, poker run...etc...
SO.....what's the word....thunderbird???
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #2
Jeffvette

Default Re: 2009 Bowling Green gathering, when???

Mothers day weekend would be a safe bet.

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/regist...ing/info.shtml
Old 12-09-2008   #3
GrayZ

Thanks Jeff, on our board, it lists ....gathering ...TBD.
i heard many wanted it moved from mom's day??
Just making sure.

ZR-1/C4 "Gathering" Event Planned At Corvette Museum TBD 2009The weekend will consist of road tours, specialty seminars with many Grand Sports, ZR1s, Callaways and C4s on display . In the evenings there will be a BBQ one night and the event banquet with benefit auction on the closing night.
The agenda and online registration should be active during the second week of December 2007. Make sure you are signed onto NCM e-News to be notified about the event. Pre-registration ends two weeks before the event begins. Make sure you are signed onto NCM e-News to be notified about the event. Pre-registration includes the event dash plaque and a personalized badge.

The National Corvette Museum is a non-profit foundation dedicated to educating the public through the preservation of the Corvette's past, present and future heritage. Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT, the Museum is located at Exit 28 off I-65 in Bowling Green, KY. For more information on the Museum's 2004 event schedule, visit our website at: http://www.corvettemuseum.com or call (800) 53-VETTE.

The National Corvette Museum is a non profit organization.
Old 12-09-2008   #4
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2 View Post
My grand opening party, car show, poker run...etc...
Keep us posted. Can't wait for that !
Sure wish we could change the BG gathering from Mothers Day weekend. I have to go home early and see my mommy !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008   #5
GrayZ

You're a good boy, Frankie
Old 12-10-2008   #6
HIZNHRZ

If you’ve never been on the receiving end of “The Look”, you don’t understand its implications and these comments are not intended for you. A Gathering on Mothers day requires that you engage in a discussion with your better-half while suggesting a preplanned Mothers Day weekend getaway that includes driving hours to a Corvette event to enjoy activities targeting those with deep and unusual interests in man-toys intentionally designed to be powerful, loud, fast, and potentially dangerous. The period leading to and including such a negotiation about said weekend is one of life’s unusual occurrences where neither logic, patience, nor diplomacy are of any value.

In no specific order, survivable examples of other life altering events that DO NOT result in “the look” include:
- Multiple purchases of man-toys such as a ZR1, large screen entertainment systems, etc.
- Large investments in engine modifications to weekend race cars.
- Extended OCONUS TDYs to unusual destinations greater than 30 days allowing little and often no contact home.
- Going to war.

Examples of Events that guarantee “The Look” (and its implications) where survivability is often highly questionable:
- Modifications to the home resulting in most any volume of drywall dust.
- Corvette Gatherings on Mothers Day.

If it’s on Mothers Day, you tough guys have a great time. I’m not even going to ask…
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #7
Zr1 Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
Keep us posted. Can't wait for that !
Sure wish we could change the BG gathering from Mothers Day weekend. I have to go home early and see my mommy !
Hell yeah....hopefully those cute azz little bar tenders he posted in the other thread will be there...lol!
Zr1 Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #8
4DSZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ View Post
If you’ve never been on the receiving end of “The Look”, you don’t understand its implications and these comments are not intended for you. A Gathering on Mothers day requires that you engage in a discussion with your better-half while suggesting a preplanned Mothers Day weekend getaway that includes driving hours to a Corvette event to enjoy activities targeting those with deep and unusual interests in man-toys intentionally designed to be powerful, loud, fast, and potentially dangerous. The period leading to and including such a negotiation about said weekend is one of life’s unusual occurrences where neither logic, patience, nor diplomacy are of any value.

In no specific order, survivable examples of other life altering events that DO NOT result in “the look” include:
- Multiple purchases of man-toys such as a ZR1, large screen entertainment systems, etc.
- Large investments in engine modifications to weekend race cars.
- Extended OCONUS TDYs to unusual destinations greater than 30 days allowing little and often no contact home.
- Going to war.

Examples of Events that guarantee “The Look” (and its implications) where survivability is often highly questionable:
- Modifications to the home resulting in most any volume of drywall dust.
- Corvette Gatherings on Mothers Day.

If it’s on Mothers Day, you tough guys have a great time. I’m not even going to ask…

Truer words were never written... Engrave these in stone

LMFAO
4DSZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #9
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2 View Post
Thanks Jeff, on our board, it lists ....gathering ...TBD.
i heard many wanted it moved from mom's day??
Just making sure.

They have tried that in the past, and i think they found that acquiring the dragstrip was harder. And also attendance did not fluctuate up or down by moving it off of that weekend.
Old 12-10-2008   #10
FU

[QUOTE=HIZNHRZ;49924]survivable examples of other life altering events that DO NOT result in “the look” [QUOTE]

OH NO NOT "THE LOOK"

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote