ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > Southwest Region

Old 05-29-2014   #1
Fully Vetted

Default Texas Meets

So - I've been trying to come up with a name for the Texas gang and keep landing on The CREW. Now, I'm not a very sensitive guy so if it's a stretch or just corny or stupid or whatever I can take it. Trust me. Here's how I came up with The CREW -

If you like it, don't like it, don't care and think it's a waste of time to have a name I want to hear about it. Got any better ideas? I'd like to hear about those as well.

There are a ton of ZR-1's in this state. Some are members and many are not. I know the poll is old but when you look at the location poll of all the members in this club we are I believe within 2 of having the most of any state. We should be having meet and greets, membership drives and maintenance days all over the state.

Which brings up another point...this is a huge state. It's too big to expect the guys up in the panhandle to drive all the way to Houston for a 1 day CREW meet. We need to spread the love. We have the distinct honor of being the host state where our beloved ZR-1's shattered the world record in Ft. Stockton. Talk about a road trip! Fill 'er up and let 'er rip! Hell, there is a Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, Tx (just south of Ft. Worth) that would be a great place to have a meet. Here's their site:

http://www.motorsportranch.com/

They have garages where we could do a maintenance day and then tear up the track or just meet somewhere and then all drive down for a track day. The possibilities are absolutely endless in this state. We have Vette's on the Lex for crying out loud! HOW COOL IS THAT! And it's right in our own backyard!

We literally drive our cars all year long. We have no excuses. How active would WAZOO or ZOOM be if they didn't have to put there cars away 5 months out of the year? Geez...I long for the day when we are on the boards bragging (that's what we do in Texas, right?) about doing a gear swap in the middle of December. While it's 65 degrees outside! Like I said, no excuses. If we don't end up with the most active chapter of this fantastic club it's because we just don't want to.

I'm thinking we should be doing 3 big gatherings a year. Not everyone can make all of them but there are enough owners to make these events fun. Throw in Carlisle and BG and we're set!

So, let's start throwing out some ideas on some events or road trips. What would YOU like to do. I don't care if you live in El Paso. Tell us if there's anything to do there. I'd love to take The Blue Beast down through Big Bend on the way to a CREW meet in El Paso. Or a trip through the Hill Country to tackle the Twisted Sisters.

I know this...nothing happens until we start talking about it. So, let's start talking about it!

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #2
diamond zr1

Default Re: Texas Meets

David/Mark and I talked about local fix and mix get togethers all the way back from Bowling Green/while it was great times at Bowling Green it is only one time a year and a major undertaking.We are committed to doing more local car shows and working on the cars.It's neat having Mark around as he knows c4s inside out/Mark and Glen helped me assemble my lift last Friday,and today and tomarrow I am doing the epoxy floor on the other 1/2 of my shop//so I will have a fine a/c plus heated shop for the workdays//and I do like to BBQ//we will do our part here in San Antonio//joe
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014   #3
Fully Vetted

Good to hear, Joe. People think we're crazy when we tell them we A/C our shops but you really need to down here. I A/C and heated my garage last year and I am so glad I did. Nonstop comfort year around.

So, it's like 3 months before Carlisle. What do you say we throw together a meet between now and then? Just something simple. Hell, we had a small group show up in Hico last year at a state park. We just hung out under the shade trees and checked out each others cars.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 05-31-2014   #4
MickeyD

I would be in for meets. Always wanted to go to BG and Carlisle, just never could make schedule work. I live north of Houston. Keep me posted.

Mike
1990 ZR1 Red/Black #2469
1990 ZR1 Black/Black #843
1993 ZR1 Ruby 40th Anniversary #112
MickeyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014   #5
Fully Vetted

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
I'll try to support any ZR-1 gathering you want to plan in the state. If you need any help,just ask.

The CREW
Team Tejas
Team Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyD View Post
I would be in for meets. Always wanted to go to BG and Carlisle, just never could make schedule work. I live north of Houston. Keep me posted.

Mike
Good to know, guys. I'll be in touch. I'm getting ready to take my car down to Cory for gears and a clutch so when I get it back let's meet up somewhere.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 06-12-2014   #6
Vette Guy

Joe's place is phenomenal - we did a Ram clutch setup on a 96 LT4 this past weekend in the A/C. We had a great time, and learned how to deal with this push type setup. Joe, Glenn (turq), Ken (Ex ZR-1er) and I were there. We hope to get together more often... some photos may be coming.

Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #7
Fully Vetted

That's great, Mark. Would love to see photo's. I'll be dropping off my car at Corey's in two weeks. Maybe we can hookup...

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 06-19-2014   #8
Vette Guy

Looking forward to seeing you!

The CREW had a great time at Joe's.... Joe, Glenn and I set up his 4-post lift in a few hours, and broke in his new garage soon after, installing a Ram clutch setup on a LT4. We learned a lot about the setup - I highly recommend visiting the Ram website and viewing their videos regarding installation.

Attached are a few photos....

I'm looking forward to more of these maintenance events! Lots of wrench turning, story telling, eating and drinking!

Regards,
Mark
91 ZR-1 #2016
95 ZR-1 #21 DRM-600, LPE 385
Vette Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014   #9
Fully Vetted

Great pics, Mark. Tell your wife I said congrats on the Spurs win. It's good to know it took them 7 games to beat us!

See you soon.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 06-20-2014   #10
diamond zr1

Hi David/made it back up to diamond lake in 3 days towing/did 950 miles one day/hard on an old man/look forward to getting back in a Texas state of mind/Hope Mark wears out my garage working on his challenge car,before I get back down/snowed heavy in Butte Montana,dang near turned around/plan on bringing back the steel blue 90//say hi to Corey,but next time lets do it as a club project/joe
diamond zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote