ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 01-16-2014   #1
John Boothby

Default WTB ECM 1990 ZR-1

Looks like I might need an ECM.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #2
Schrade

Default Re: WTB ECM 1990 ZR-1

Why are you thinking this Mr B.?

What test confirmed that a circuit failed between ECM input, and ECM circuit output?

(same B/Day there JB - anniversary of flight!)
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 01-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #3
Kevin

you can use any year zr-1 ecm in any year zr-1. I ran a 94 ecm as a test piece earlier this year. I also need an ecm
Old 01-16-2014   #4
FU

Marc may be able to help you out John.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #5
John Boothby

I ran the grounding C17 pin described by Haibeck. However, I have noticed that the MAP sensor has a lot of oil in it. I also noticed that the PCV valves are real oily. I ordered a new MAP and hose from Jerry, and will see if this solves the code 61 problem. Everything under the plenum is working according to the grounding test. It is either a sensor or the ECM. I beleive I will hold off on the ECM unil I replace the PCV valves and MAP sensor and hose. I may need a catch can. I have not had this problem before, and the car does not seem to be using oil. I drive about 1200-1500 miles annually and change the oil once a year. Never have added oil. I do beleive the oil has been overfilled by the dealer, even though I have emphatically told him to only add no more than 9 quarts.

Great responces. Thanks guys!!
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Old 01-16-2014   #6
Schrade

I did half a dozen closed loop cycles, idle only, just recently, after top end CLEANUP, and upon repeat plenum pull, had some NEW oil pooled at PCV-to-plenum inlet.

Marc said completely normal, even after such a short time...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 01-16-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-16-2014   #7
bradley

code 61 is usually a port throttle solenoid failure. I know I had this happen to my 90. the vac system will still hold vacuum ,but the port throttle prevents things from working . kind of a generic explanation .
bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #8
bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
I did half a dozen closed loop cycles, idle only, just recently, after top end CLEANUP, and upon repeat plenum pull, had some NEW oil pooled at PCV-to-plenum inlet.

Marc said completely normal, even after such a short time...
a catch can solved that problem for me .dynamite has a good little how to if you would like to install one
bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014   #9
John Boothby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley View Post
code 61 is usually a port throttle solenoid failure. I know I had this happen to my 90. the vac system will still hold vacuum ,but the port throttle prevents things from working . kind of a generic explanation .
Yea, I know. I replaced the solenoid and I still get the 61. When I had the plenum off, I checked the actuators and vacumn holding integrity and all checked out.
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Old 01-16-2014   #10
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley View Post
a catch can solved that problem for me .dynamite has a good little how to if you would like to install one
I'm considering that Bradley - the thought of the oil pulling through the burn has little appeal.

I asked Marc, and Dom, about routing the line in front of the air filter, with the plenum inlet capped. They weren't really impressed...

I'm going to investigate further here. Good vacuum through a fabbed port is necessary.

Last edited by Schrade; 01-16-2014 at 11:39 PM.