ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2012   #11
aod

Default Re: Please help with alternator whine in speakers and popping noise when powering on/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottfab View Post
Sure sounds like a fly-by-night operation. If the new setup does the same thing as the old and you still want to proceed, you're going to have to design the thing yourself. This means more than just isolating the differential drive circuit but possibly isolating some grounds too. The other alternative I've heard others do is dump the Bose and go with a whole new system. It's sure on my list of possible improvements. I just hate having to mess with stock dash looks.
Strange thing is that Metra isn't a fly-by-night outfit. They make a lot of different things and have been around for quite a while. Unfortunately, it just seems like Bose systems don't like to play nicely with anything else which isn't too surprising I guess. I would like to keep it as factory as possible other than updating the head unit so I'm going to do my best to make this path work. Especially since I've already spent $320 getting all the amps in the speaker pods repaired. And to be honest, the factory speakers do sound quite good.
aod is offline   Reply With Quote