ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2014   #1
Eric24

Default AND....I'm Retired!

A few years back when I was stationed at FT. Campbell, KY 101st Airborne Division/Rakkasans...

This community did something Patriotic, Selfless and down right Top Notch...

As most of you know, the Pirate himself, Mr. Jim Van Dorn holds a BBQ the night before the C4/ZR-1 Gathering, on this particular night he held an auction for my Soldiers and myself. He auctioned/sold items in support of my guys deployed to Afghanistan.

You see, we were an Infantry unit in a small COP in a bad spot, no PX, stores for us, all we had for support was care packages and sometimes internet that worked. We were attacked daily and let me just say, we saw lots of action....

Nothing lifted my guys morale then when we got mail/packages, we were so far out that we did not receive these packages that most guys get from schools and other agencies, no one liked to fly into our AO....

So...once we starting receiving packages from JVD that you all supported by buying items at his BBQ, my guys morale went from 0-180 MPH in 4.4 seconds ( haha, a little ZR-1 joke) because of the numerous boxes that you all purchased. We had guys from the other platoons wanting to be with me just because of all the food/snacks we received..

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you one last time...See, I just retired after 24 years and 3 months of Active Duty time, all spent in the Infantry and I just wanted to let you all know that with all those years in, this was by far the coolest, nicest, selfless thing I have ever received or seen......

And this act of kindess was not forgotten!

I salute you all...

MSG (R) Eric Egelstad

AKA - 'Stad
Eric24 is offline   Reply With Quote