ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > ZR-1 > ZR-1 General Postings

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014   #151
efnfast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dunbarton NH
Posts: 2,374
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Well, that didn't answer my question.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014   #152
Kevin
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,899
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
There is a live feed, and it looks like they have pulled some of the cars out. Maybe it's just the angle.....anybody know?
they pulled most of them out of the spire the day the hole opened
__________________
It's not the car, it's the people - Doug Johnson
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #153
efnfast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dunbarton NH
Posts: 2,374
Default Re: Corvette Museum

No, the one's in the hole. Where's the 62?
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #154
LGAFF
 
LGAFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 5,841
Default Re: Corvette Museum

They are still there, I can see the C6 ZR1 today; I will say this...there is a good chance Brett Henderson is tunneling under the museum looking to snatch that ZR-1 Spyder from below.
__________________
LGAFF
90 #966-143K miles
92 #234
1987 Callaway TT #17
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #155
Schrade
 
Schrade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NC
Posts: 1,793
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
No, the one's in the hole. Where's the 62?
I think he's talking about the ones still ABOVE, being pulled out of the spire on Day 1...
__________________
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #156
XfireZ51
 
XfireZ51's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 5,871
Send a message via AIM to XfireZ51 Send a message via MSN to XfireZ51
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
They are still there, I can see the C6 ZR1 today; I will say this...there is a good chance Brett Henderson is tunneling under the museum looking to snatch that ZR-1 Spyder from below.
Lee,

Who do you think caused the sinkhole in the first place?!!
__________________
1972 Corvette 4speed base Coupe
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Black #458
Helping entrepreneurs work ON their business, not in it.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #157
efnfast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dunbarton NH
Posts: 2,374
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
No, the one's in the hole. Where's the 62?
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #158
edram454
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: homestead, fla
Posts: 337
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGAFF View Post
They are still there, I can see the C6 ZR1 today; I will say this...there is a good chance Brett Henderson is tunneling under the museum looking to snatch that ZR-1 Spyder from below.
I got a couple of friends from mexico who are working on this project right now. they should be in the center of the dome in a day and a half. That ZR1 is MINE!!!! I will be changing the interior from red to black. fyi.

ed ramos #3028
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #159
Hog
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 845
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
I got a couple of friends from mexico who are working on this project right now. they should be in the center of the dome in a day and a half. That ZR1 is MINE!!!! I will be changing the interior from red to black. fyi.

ed ramos #3028
You can have the ZR1, I'll take that ZR-1 Spyder.

Sure does look like they have removed soem cars out of the hole, maybe it is the angle of the camera.
This is the type or archiological dig that I could really get into. Shouldnt be too difficult getting the cars out. Move a bit of dirt from around car to allow attachment of straps, have crane take the weight of care, then excavate till the car comes free. Obviously some easier than others.
IIRC the ZR-1 Spyder would be the easiest as the rear end is sticking up in the air.
__________________
peace
Paul

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014   #160
Paul Workman
 
Paul Workman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: "Below I-80", IL
Posts: 3,621
Default Re: Corvette Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
You can have the ZR1, I'll take that ZR-1 Spyder.

Sure does look like they have removed soem cars out of the hole, maybe it is the angle of the camera.
This is the type or archiological dig that I could really get into. Shouldnt be too difficult getting the cars out. Move a bit of dirt from around car to allow attachment of straps, have crane take the weight of care, then excavate till the car comes free. Obviously some easier than others.
IIRC the ZR-1 Spyder would be the easiest as the rear end is sticking up in the air.
Yeah...but just don't loose your footing. All that dirt went somewhere, and the throat to hopeless doom in the black belly of the beast is right there waiting to swallow you too!!
__________________
Good carz, good food, good friendz = the best of timez!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

East Central Region Director
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2014 ZR-1 Net Registry