ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 04-23-2007   #11
Jeffvette

Default Re: 2007 Gathering West is a GO! - Read UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessdood
The safety requirements for the Mile Shootout will be enhanced for this year (details to follow).
What is enhanced.
Old 04-23-2007   #12
tf95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locobob
Safety: I'm not in favor of doing a Pony Express style deal involving roll bars and harnesses etc based on speed classes. Let face facts, even a stock Z can see 150ish in a mile and there really isn't much difference between a 150mph crash and a 180mph crash - neither is going to be pretty. Also if we start requiring race car stuff we are going to chase a lot of people off.
FYI- Y'all can't imagine the hoops Ron has to jump through and negotiate to get us privileges to use a runway @ Nellis AFB. The bases main concern is safety and liability. We have to show proof of insurance for our group in the range of $3 mil I believe. They also don't want any bad press about an accident or even death with an event. It is the bases requirement for safety, not necessarilly ours.............

Quote:
One big thing I'd suggest is marking the finish line better,
Funny thing for me was at the previous Gathering West where we had drags at Las Vegas Motor Speedway I couldn't see where the finish line for the 1/4 mile was. I figured that when I was near the fire truck and ambulance I must be done. Duh

Quote:
last year it was pretty hard to spot at over 170mph.
Snip, Snip
Some of us didn't get to 170...
tf95ZR1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #13
Hammer

Talking Re: 2007 Gathering West is a GO! - Read UP!

Hey Ted,

For me it would be nice to know what we are looking at for enhancements that may be required. Most "enhancements" I can think of, with the exception of a maybe a driving jacket, would be out of the question for most to do.

I can imagine what Ron must have to do to get us out there. I was president of a racing association in Winnemucca Nevada and I know what we had to do (with the FAA) to be able to drag race on the runway there. The toughest part was dealing with people who thought we were going to "hurt" the poor asphalt with our burnouts.

Here's a cheers to Ron and all of you working on the Gathering right now.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007   #14
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer
For me it would be nice to know what we are looking at for enhancements that may be required. Most "enhancements" I can think of, with the exception of a maybe a driving jacket, would be out of the question for most to do.
That's where I'm at. Personally if I was running the event, the tech inspection would be similar to last year. Might do a bit more checking under the hood for leaks.

Everybody should be required to wear jeans and closed toe shoes (no sandals). Helmet current Snell rating of 2000.

Once you start asking for bars and harnesses, most people are not gonna play.
Old 08-13-2007   #15
thxalot

Hi Guys,

I've got a very active 2 year old at home and Vegas is a 5 hour drive away. But, man, would I like to make it to this event!

How do you sign up? Is there a registration page somewhere? Any clarification on those safety "enhancements"?

-Burt
thxalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007   #16
Hammer

Talking Re: 2007 Gathering West is a GO! - Read UP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxalot
Hi Guys,

I've got a very active 2 year old at home and Vegas is a 5 hour drive away. But, man, would I like to make it to this event!

How do you sign up? Is there a registration page somewhere? Any clarification on those safety "enhancements"?

-Burt
Read the "Enhancements" carefully.

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/lasvegasgathering.htm
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #17
Pete

Hey Jeff,Quick question.
If i can fly out for this event to watch the flying mile do i have to pay the full fee or just a spectator fee?

Pate
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007   #18
Jeffvette

No fee for spectating, but you need to submit your name for a background check to get access to the base.