Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2016   #41
Billy Mild

Default Re: LED headlight upgrade

BOX:

Light:

Comparison between stock and new LED light. This is in my garage

LED Fogs, One LED headlight, and One stock headlight.

Now that I have both LED headlights the fogs no longer work. I am going to fix that.
Old 01-28-2016   #42
Billy Mild

First drive around the block was amazing. I can actually see the road. These lights are a little bluish, but mostly bright white. Now I would like to get a set of really bright Yellow foglight bulbs. Like a 3000-3500 Kelvin color.
Old 01-29-2016   #43
Karl

$400 for headlights seems a little steep.

Anyone use this kit?

http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...t-_p_7971.html

and for the fog lights http://www.corvettemods.com/Corvette...it_p_7972.html

Looks to be the best bang for the buck to me.

And this halo light but it does not appear to be plug and play

http://www.corvettemods.com/84-96-C4...ir_p_9651.html

Oracle seems to have some nice lights but none on their website for the C4 corvette.

The halo lights look nice. Maybe not for everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHJ87kEfRsA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJURWbO-Qyw
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Old 01-29-2016   #44
-=Jeff=-

the white car int he corvettemods picture is NOT using the corvettemods kit.

that white car has the same CorvetteHID kit that GoldCylon has.

I agree $400 is steep for headlights..

The ones Billy mild posted are only $130 each by doing a web search..

Billy, are these what you bought?

https://www.larsenlights.com/larsen-...el-a0102-hi-lo

still at $260 for a pair
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 01-29-2016   #45
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
As I stated in earlier post and Paul is re-emphasizing, whiter (and bluer) lights will reflect off of wet road, reflect back in snow and fog. Paul is absolutely correct that snow will build up and freeze in front of the lens because LEDs don't produce much heat. If you drive frequently at night in the rain or snow, I would suggest a set of HIDs with color temp below 4000k.
Concur !
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 01-29-2016   #46
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
the white car in the corvettemods picture is NOT using the corvettemods kit.

Actually that is not my kit, Mine has a separate projection lens and has a high and low function with an internal blocking blade on a solenoid and is true plug and play. No Cutting, grounding or repinning issues required by lessor systems.

Quote:
I paid $800 for my kit so....... I did this for safety purposes only. Since I have spotted two Deer, 5 coyotes and a Mule in the road way on my way into work as I leave the house at 430 AM daily Id have to say they have paid for themselves. The Deer were on a road trip about 50 miles south of Elko Nevada and I had considerable time to stop before impact. Many years latter (today) the LEDS would have been a choice for me now since snow and ice are not much of a problem in Arizona usually. However I am 100% satisfied with my HIDs. The cheaper LEDS have a lot of appeal. As -=JEFF=- well knows I have been into LEDs for almost ten years now as they are the future. I been running them on my car daily without a single problem or to date (Failure)

still at $260 for a pair[/QUOTE]

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 01-29-2016 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-29-2016   #47
Karl

Quote:

Do you have a picture of the corvette hid kit?
1993 ZR-1 #211 Yellow On Beige Beast #2
1992 ZR-1 #427 Black On Black *Sold*
1985 L98 Blue On Blue *Sold*
Old 01-29-2016   #48
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Do you have a picture of the corvette hid kit?
no I don't

I also think corvettehid is no longer in business
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
Old 01-29-2016   #49
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
no I don't

I also think corvettehid is no longer in business
Kinda I still have a POC he still be able to help

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
Old 01-29-2016   #50
Billy Mild

Quote:

still at $260 for a pair
Those don't look like the same brand. Mine are DOT approved.

http://www.amazon.com/GENSSI-Project...+headlight+5x7

Only a few bucks more and knowing they are DOT approved is worth it.

That CorvetteMods.com HID kit is suspect. That projector is meant for a halogen bulb, not an HID bulb. You would be better off with this ebay kit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H6054-7x6-BL...BVxRBz&vxp=mtr

Thing is these are not ideal unless a proper projector is used. If a halogen projector is used the cutoff won't be right. Granted just about anything is going to be brighter than stock headlights. I still can't believe how bad they were. I am really happy with the LED headlights. I can actually see the road. LOL.
Closed Thread