ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-09-2016   #91
rush91

Default Re: Spring Z Photos - Post up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Your quite welcome. To be very honest IMO, from the pic that you posted, you really need professional help to correct that hood. I hope that the entire car doesn't look like that. That just looks like total abuse from the PO. I am assuming that would have to be wet sanded with multiple numbered papers, to even get it to look acceptable.
If that was mine, I would check out different body shops in your area to see what they can do with the hood. I think to try yourself it would be a very big job. Some of those scratches look very deep. Good luck......

I figured that my hood was beyond my skills....some of the scratches are deep and yes, the clear coat on the hood is a mess. Luckily the rest of the car isn't like the hood. From a distance it looks fine, but up close YIKES!!!! There is a shop about a mile from my apartment, he did my 1979 Z28, and it was an amazing paint job. Thanks for the reply, I should stop by products and save for a hood refinish.......
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016   #92
rush91

Default Re: Spring Z Photos - Post up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by We Gone View Post
Just did the Yellow 93 wet sand 1500/2000/3000 and polished

Just polished the Blue 91

What I used with my Cyclo buffer.

Wow!!!!!! Just wow.,......that hood looks almost wet, it so shiny. That is amazing, and damn makes me pretty jealous lol.
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote