ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1s and ZR-1 Parts For Sale/Wanted

Old 08-31-2018   #91
Vette73

Default Re: FS: 1991 ZR-1 Blk/Red only 4800 miles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyGS View Post
I disagree with your last sentiment completely. Go check prices on twin turbo Supras and FD RX-7s in the US. They are sky high for low mileage clean cars almost at retail when new or higher. These cars have electronics that make the ZR-1 seem simple and reliable.

People want what they want, and it can't be easily predicted or controlled. I think people want what they lusted for as a kid and couldn't have. That explains why no one is going after Model Ts or 32 T buckets now, because those generations are gone. Our dads all wanted muscle cars as they aged and drove prices through the roof. As they generation leaves us muscle car prices will fall. The current middle aged guys want Supras FD RX7s and Porsches. No one wants 300ZX turbos or Mitsu 3000 GTs though. And very few people want ZR-1s, like it or not, and that is keeping the price low and availability high and sales long.

I'm considering selling my ZR-1 and getting a really clean 944 turbo. Why, because as I age that 944 turbo is going to be worth a whole lot more even though it isn't nearly as much car performance wise. That's a car I can buy, drive on nice days, and leave to my kids and they can enjoy it or sell for a huge profit. The ZR-1 is never going to be that car no matter how much anyone wants it.

The reason air cooled 911s are so high is the perceived notion that the water cooled one are inferior, when in fact its a way better car. You can buy a 996 for ZR-1 money and it has ZR-1 like performance and Porsche quality. I have one of them too and they are cheap.

People want what they want, and actual vehicle performance has zero to do with it in many cases thus the ZR-1 is an underappreciated super car in disguise.

Today's kids are going to be searching for really clean Scion FR-S models and paying out the nose for them. They won't want any old muscle car, an air cooled Porsche or our ZR-1s.
I think in the future the kids of today would want a car that drives itself so they can text all day in it......I can honestly say I do not text and drive....Maybe did it a few times ten years ago or so......

When I am a passenger in lets say an SUV I look over and see countless number of people doing it.....Not trying to be sexist but, females mostly....

I'm like E nuff already !!!!
Vette73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018   #92
Z51JEFF

Default Re: FS: 1991 ZR-1 Blk/Red only 4800 miles!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
I think in the future the kids of today would want a car that drives itself so they can text all day in it......I can honestly say I do not text and drive....Maybe did it a few times ten years ago or so......

When I am a passenger in lets say an SUV I look over and see countless number of people doing it.....Not trying to be sexist but, females mostly....

I'm like E nuff already !!!!
The generations that want a 32 Ford are very much alive today,the reality is not too many can afford $75K and up to build,buy a nice car and an original 32,don’t even bother. I would love to build a 32 3 window full fender Duece and have been in throwing the idea around of selling my Z to help finance the project.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote