ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > General > ZR-1 Net Registry Club News

Old 01-13-2008   #1
tpepmeie

Default Old old archives

Wondering what ever happened to the original ZR1Net archives? The current archives only go back to late 2000, when the list switched over to the Museum Listserver.

Just curious what happened to the archives from the real old days, 1997-2000? Could we ever get them put on the website?

Todd

PS, mods if I've put this in the wrong forum, please move.

Last edited by tpepmeie; 01-13-2008 at 09:45 AM.
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #2
Hammer

Talking Re: Old old archives

I'd sure like to be able to check those out. Thanks o Todd for inquiring.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #3
zr1mom

Default Re: Old old archives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepmeie
Wondering what ever happened to the original ZR1Net archives? The current archives only go back to late 2000, when the list switched over to the Museum Listserver.

Just curious what happened to the archives from the real old days, 1997-2000? Could we ever get them put on the website?

Todd

PS, mods if I've put this in the wrong forum, please move.
Sorry to say most of those are gone. Before we moved over to the NCM listserver we had only so much disk space to store archives. So as the space filled up the older emails got deleted to make room for new emails.

For sometime I tried to keep every email posted to the Net on my local disk and only recently did I delete them. I may have some on a back up somewhere.

Don't know if it was really worth keeping them as much of the info can be found today as questions tend to repeat themselfs.

Mom
NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #4
tpepmeie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom
Don't know if it was really worth keeping them as much of the info can be found today as questions tend to repeat themselfs.

Mom
Maybe, but think of all the colorful personalities and lively debate we had in the old days . I do think they are worth keeping, because alot was being 'discovered' about our cars back then, and people like Graham and Geoff and others were regular contributors. Those are worth reading!

Thanks Mom!

Todd
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #5
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpepmeie
Maybe, but think of all the colorful personalities and lively debate we had in the old days . I do think they are worth keeping, because alot was being 'discovered' about our cars back then, and people like Graham and Geoff and others were regular contributors. Those are worth reading!

Thanks Mom!

Todd
I agree with you, Todd. There were many great exchanges in the old days...
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #32 - lapsed...
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #6
gbrtng

The one guy you could always depend on for having saved a particular post, Bruce Wolfe, has passed on to that great road race in the sky. I saved some posts from Jim Ingle and Jeff and Graham that dealt with the development of the LT5 and the car, but most of that info has been documented elsewhere - some incorrectly, I might add. Where's Misled, Zasio and Hib now?
Old 01-15-2008   #7
tf95ZR1

http://listserv.corvettemuseum.com/c....exe?S1=ZR1NET
tf95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote