ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > Cleaning and Waxing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2020   #8
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Default Re: Polish and wax for a black Z...Any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sting View Post
I have been very satisfied with the results of this process:

1. Wash car with soap and water. Wipe dry.
2. Clay Bar entire car. (fun)

3. If the car has swirls, yes, this is a good time to get out the random orbital polisher with a Lake Country CCS orange (or the like) pad. The new "Dustless" paint correcting polishes are awesome. I like Adam's Paint Correcting Polish a lot. Watching their videos on doing it properly are important! I've also used Griot's Fast Correcting Cream with good results. The Griot's works out deeper swirls, if needed. BOTH are amazingly dustless when wiping off with a good quality microfiber towel.
4. Apply Chemical Guy's Blacklight Hybrid Radiant Finish. This deepens the black or darker colors really nicely.
5. Apply Chemical Guy's V07 spray.
6. If you want to go one step more... a good Carnauba wax to top it off. (Meguiar's is good)

It takes a good part of a day to do all these things, but can be rewarding if done right. Be sure to get good quality, large microfiber towels. You'll need 5 or 6 of them for the job.

Enjoy!

Completely agree with each of the steps as well as the products.
Only suggestion might be a more multi step polish regimen.
Paint correction (polish) needs to be sufficiently aggressive to remove the imperfections, then less aggressive to remove the finer scratches from the aggressive polish.
Here we go through either a 3 or a 5 step correction process, as light as needed to get out all of the imperfections.
It takes 1-2 days to get the car where I find it acceptable.
The practice of putting a genuine wax product over the synthetic products is what really makes it look absolutely amazing!
The Gloss Enhancer sprays mentioned in the original post take it up even further.
I have no experience with the newer Turtle products.
I avoid ceramic coatings after discussing with my painter. Most need to be sanded off to fix even a scratch. So in a case where you are trying to panel blend, you may need to sand a good portion of the car to repair a simple scratch.
I have found X-Pel to be a far better way to protect paint form damage and it is reversible.
Make it look great!

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote