ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Club Regional Areas > East Central Region

Old 01-06-2010   #1
-=Jeff=-

Default PIZZA!!!! Jan 15th at Waynes

All in the area and those that want to trek out this way

We Are doing a Pizza night at Bob's ( Waynes Pizza) probably meet at Bob's place around 7pm or so

Let me know who can make it
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #2
LGAFF

Default Re: PIZZA!!!! Jan 15th at Waynes

Should be able to make it.....in-laws restaurant got a good write up today:

Mystery Diner: Algonquin’s Texan BBQ is smokin’ hot

By NORTHWEST HERALD

ALGONQUIN – After a traffic-clogged crawl along Route 31 or Algonquin Road, many of us have been tempted by the smoky goodness wafting from the Texan BBQ on Main Street.
Friends had raved about this place, and the many faces in the windows on a Friday night told me they were in good company. So I finally stopped on a recent weeknight, hungry for some good barbecue.
The façade of the Texan BBQ is a good representation of its interior – rustic, cozy and established. It’s been there since 1984; in restaurant years, that’s ancient. Once inside, customers can first digest a long menu on the wall and place their order with a person at the register. The ordering spot is strategically placed next to a window to the kitchen, in case you weren’t already hungry enough.
My visit was a one-shot deal, so I went all in on a three-meat platter ($13.99) – beef brisket, barbecued pork and a fat barbecued chicken breast. Potato salad, baked beans, cole slaw and a roll came along for the ride.
I liked just about everything on my plate, but the chicken is what really won me over. This wasn’t the barbecued chicken breast of childhood – the one that had been tortured with grill flames and responded with a thick coating of carbon and toughness. This chicken was tender, and it wore a nice jacket of sauce. The smoke had permeated the meat nicely. It was a reminder that chicken doesn’t have to be just, well, chicken.
The beef and pork were super-tender and generously slathered with a sweet barbecue sauce. Looking for a little bite, I asked the waitress for a side of a more spicy variety. I liked that one more – it had a tartness and snap that worked well with what was left of my brisket and pork.
The variety platters are a great – and reasonably priced – way to try what this restaurant has to offer, but there are plenty of other choices on the menu, too. Brunswick stew, made with chicken, pork, beef and vegetables, comes in a 97-cent sample size for the curious or a $6.49 quart size for the devoted.
The menu also lists soups, appetizers, chili, sandwiches, burgers, pork and beef ribs, and even catfish and shrimp.
Kids can order from a separate menu made just for them – choices include barbecued beef and pork and, for the less adventurous young palate, chicken nuggets and grilled cheese.
If you’re so inclined, you can choose from a surprising variety of beers to help wash down your lunch or dinner. Desserts are on the menu, too; good luck saving room for that.
This isn’t a fancy restaurant, thank goodness. It is familiar and comfortable, just what a barbecue joint should be. Service is friendly and quick. If you’re a newcomer, you’ll notice that everyone else seems to be a regular. I like this kind of place, and they’re not easy to find these days among gleaming new restaurants. The Texan BBQ is well worn in, and it feels just right.

• Note to readers: The Mystery Diner, a new weekly feature in the Savor section, sends a reporter to local eateries. The diner’s identity is not revealed to the restaurant staff. Diners visit a different restaurant each week and report on the experience.
90 #966-150K miles-sold
92 #234-sold
1987 Callaway TT #17
1991 ZR-1 #1359
LGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010   #3
-=Jeff=-

Cool Deal!!
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010   #4
XfireZ51

Should be able to make it.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #5
BOB HDZ

I'AM IN!!!
[FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Arial Black]:cool:1990 #2293 BLACK ON BLACK RED TRIM - 63MM T B - PORTED 36MM - LOWERED -HEADERS - CORSA EX - 2003 HARLEY STREET GLIDE BLACK 105 HP [/FONT]
[/FONT]
BOB HDZ is offline   Reply With Quote