ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-03-2010   #41
Scrrem

Default Re: Finally changing to 4:10 gears......any other tips, tricks or recommedations?

Looks great Craig!!!
Rich
1990 Bright Red Coupe #608

380 Stroker, Ported Heads/Intake/Housings/TB
Haibeck Secondary Delete Chip / Pete's Cams
George Braml Intake / FIC Injectors
Coated SW Headers / Corsa
Bill Boudreau B/B ZF6 / Viper 4.10 gears
Ron Davis Radiator
Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH NAV
Fikse FM5's 285 / 335 / C6 Brakes

WAZOO Member
Scrrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010   #42
GrayZ

Default Re: Finally changing to 4:10 gears......any other tips, tricks or recommedations?

Craig, it is very difficult to get a diaper inside the bat wing once you have installed it, make sure you polish it to a gleen beforehand. You are gonna wonder why you have waited so long to install them once they are in..

R U goin to BG this year? U are welcome to fly to st louis and ride down with me.
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010   #43
HAWAIIZR-1

Thanks guys.

Keith,

I am trying to get to BG this year and appears my leave will be approved but coming in on the day of and did not have enough time to stay longer. I appreciate the offer but I might be renting a car or bum a ride from Nashville if available.

As for the diaper and batwing I thought about it and too much trouble so it was painted instead. You know that you are the diaper King with the polished LT5 so stop trying to pass the crown to me already; you won a long time ago..........wait, I forgot about Ricky. Take care and hope to see you there.
Old 02-08-2010   #44
HAWAIIZR-1

After a good wash with POR-15 Marine clean, 1 part to 1 part water, rinse, then metal prep for 30 minutes and dried.

Taped up and intial coat of POR-15 Stirling Silver to match the batwing, the yokes will be POR-15 chassis black then assembled.
Old 02-08-2010   #45
Hammer

Talking Re: Finally changing to 4:10 gears......any other tips, tricks or recommedations?

Everything looks fantastic Craig.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #46
RICKYRJ1

Looks Great! We need to get that Z State Side. We need another crazy anal brother who has the sickness When I get mine back I have some special tweaks in mind to finish it off. See ya in BG
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010   #47
HAWAIIZR-1

Thanks for the comments John and Ricky. It appears I will definitely see you folks in BG and will see if my leave got the final approvals needed today. Yes, I need to get to the upper 48 as all the shipping for everything is killing me and want to enjoy some nice WOT drives with the gears and all the work to the motor. Take care!