ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-17-2013   #101
XfireZ51

Default Re: 1990 Throttle hesistation

Chuck,

If you go to page 15 of the DM manual, (http://www.tunercat.com/Docs/DM32man_v400.pdf) you'll see that you can export data as a .csv file. That will allow you to look at it using .xls. Just record your throttle position session and then you can review whats happening.
Makes things much easier.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #102
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Townsley View Post
I use a OTC 3575 ignition system simulator also known as a PRI ISS Ignition System Simulator. I bought it off ebay years ago for $130. It checks Ford, Chev and Chry dis ignition systems. What I like about it is you do not have to have the car running to check it out, you do need a scope to look at the different signal forms which is how I saw the fact that the dis was falling apart.

Tyler
Does it read out for ALL operational variables?

I have ONE, at least, which is not within spec. And without a DTC, I have to essentially see the whole operating system.

I think Windows is easier than this (and I do Linux OS). Command line interface doesn't scare me, but reading fuel trim cells - hmmm ...

I did the comma separated values data file, posts 37 - 39, this thread. Posted format didn't come out too well, and pertinent values might not appear, but I'm working on it.

Even BEFORE that, I need to know WHICH values to include in the 'Bit Data'. EGR duty cycle, and Vehicle Speed, for example, aren't necessary...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 12-18-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013   #103
XfireZ51

Just attach the text file to the post or send it to me.
Old 12-18-2013   #104
tpepmeie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Townsley View Post
OK I have the same mod but I thought when Tod (I assume Marc is using Tods hack to accomplish the turn on) did the mod it turned on both injectors on start.

Tod are you out there?

Tyler
Marc does it slightly different than I do. He turns them on >0% throttle. works well either way.
tpepmeie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #105
Tyler Townsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Does it read out for ALL operational parameters?

I have ONE, at least, which is not within spec. And without a DTC, I have to essentially see the whole operating system.

I think Windows is easier than this (and I do Linux OS). Command line interface doesn't scare me, but reading fuel trim cells - hmmm ...

I did the comma separated values data file, posts 37 - 39, this thread. Posted format didn't come out too well, and pertinent values might not appear, but I'm working on it.

Even BEFORE that, I need to know WHICH values to include in the 'Bit Data'. EGR duty cycle, and Vehicle Speed, for example, aren't necessary...
The checker does not 'read' any sensors. It simulates the inputs to the dis module. It has an adjustment that varies the inputs from 0 throttle to 7k. You can scope the output to the coils or pull the plugs and watch the spark across the plugs.

http://thepandatrap.com/tyler/misc1/dis_3.jpg
http://thepandatrap.com/tyler/prototype1/page18.jpg
http://thepandatrap.com/tyler/prototype1/page16.jpg

Tyler
68 Torch Red
88 ZR1 Blue
90 ZR1 White
Tyler Townsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013   #106
XfireZ51

Chuck,

Looking at what you posted, it seems like you get all the parameters in the data stream. So yeah, just record that and export it as a .csv file.
Old 12-19-2013   #107
Schrade

This will be over NO time soon. It's a comedy of errorS, or a Greek Tragedy - depending on who's holding the wrench.

Got everything bolted back up, ready to manipulate the throttle stop bolt for DM recording, and lo and behold, the coolant by-pass line had jumped the casting ridge on the A/C compressor again - bound under the primary butterfly shaft.

I was cursing.

Got it un-zipped, freed up the line in 3 minutes, back together. Then the last TB extension bolt fell out.

It is no where to be found.

Then I REALLY started cursing.

And the D side coolant manifold elbow is leaking - can't tell if it's a loose gasket, or ruptured elbow.

Next up; drain the coolant from the cross-over pipe lower, pull it, and pull the serpentine belt, to get a better field of view. Hopefully, the bolt will show without having to break down block front accessories...

This is getting really discouraging.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 12-19-2013   #108
Franke

Can you probe with your magnet to see if you can catch it> Like goin' fishing.
Franke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #109
Dynomite

Default Switch Throttle Bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post

This is getting really discouraging.
What I do because I have spares of everything for three corvettes (two Zs) is switch from suspect bad component to known good component. Then leave good component on if that is the case and when time is available .....fix bad component if fixable

This involves little time, NO immediate component testing.........and NO DISCOURAGEMENT...........usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franke View Post
Can you probe with your magnet to see if you can catch it> Like goin' fishing.
It is amazing the remote fishing holes below an LT5 and even more amazing the oddball fish that lurk there

I have found injectors from previous maintenance there for example.

Last edited by Dynomite; 12-20-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013   #110
Schrade

Power Steering pump separation? 4 bolts?

3B-12, FSM.

4 bolts? Dream on, butterfingers...

Last edited by Schrade; 12-20-2013 at 05:59 PM.