ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

View Poll Results: What would you go for?
Finished unit for $50ea (2 needed) 10 58.82%
Kit for $25ea (2 needed) 6 35.29%
Other (reply in comment with specifics) 1 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2013   #121
LancePearson

Default Re: Under Hood Lighting

Fully Vetted...as I understand it some put switches on the under hood lights for long openings to save the battery but many just reached down and pulled that ten amp fuse and put it in the center or glove box with spare fuses. I don't know what your unplugged connecters go to but you could start the engine, turn your lights on with them unclipped then turn your fog lights on then go in front and see if they are on. Alternately, you could with a volt ohmmeter see if there is voltage going through it with engine on and off. If you haven't open your fuse box and with a spade puller pull each one and see if they are okay and put them back. You may have a blown one. If there is one slot with no fuse in the box then find out in the manual what it is. Not unusual for some owners to rather than pay to fix minor things that break they just pulled the fuse and unclipped the wire. My 76 horns were not even connected and they didn't even know it, said the horn didn't work. Easy fix. Lastly, try tracing the wires back somewhere. I still don't know what all the relays, yada, yada are under there.

One thing which annoyed me was the horns sounded so wimpy and I know Corvette uses two horns from my 76, an A note and a C note which together sound okay. On the Z it sounded too quiet to me so I wondered if one was broken. Took a while but one day with the hood up I unplugged one then honked the horn and the other one worked, then unplugged the other and plugged the other one up and did the same, it worked. Then I honked with hood up and both sounds were there. Bottom line is I'd just like a louder horn than the factory did. They are easy to get to.

The connection to the horns is right there at each horn.
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461

Last edited by LancePearson; 04-15-2013 at 09:02 PM.
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #122
Fully Vetted

I haven't had it plugged in since I've owned it. I'll look in the FSM and see if I can figure it out.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #123
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Here's the fuse container. Just pop it open to expose the fuse. It even says 10 amp fuse on the top.

Excellent, thanks for the great picture. I just don't have one in my car.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #124
GOLDCYLON

[QUOTE=Fully Vetted;169828]Here's the fuse container. Just pop it open to expose the fuse. It even says 10 amp fuse on the top.

[/
I dont Think MY90's have. Just 91s and up.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #125
efnfast

Thank you, I hate feeling like a 'tard.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #126
-=Jeff=-

[QUOTE=GOLDCYLON;169918]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully Vetted View Post
Here's the fuse container. Just pop it open to expose the fuse. It even says 10 amp fuse on the top.

[/
I dont Think MY90's have. Just 91s and up.
GC you would be correct.. wiring changed in 91
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013   #127
tf95ZR1

FYI Sale: