ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-22-2014   #121
Schrade

Default Re: My last effort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Dyno tuning will only affect WOT tuning, unless its a loaded dyno. Idle and part throttle driving will remain unaffected.

the cirrect way is to have a compete recalibration completed when running mods.
WOT tuning is the easiest part of tuning. We dont drive at WOT but for a small percentage while on the road.
Yup - sure is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
Not a well known fact, BUT part throttle affects WOT performance. Unless part throttle is done right, you will have variation [DEviation / DEGRADATION] in WOT performance if you run
Closed Loop. If your part throttle BLMs are on the lean side, the ECM compensates for that in its calc for the WOT pulse width. You may THINK you have your WOT tuned for say 12.8:1 but that's not what actually happens when you get on it. You'll be richer than expected.
That's why I'm investigating the stagger @ 1.6 - 2.4% TO, that Marc says is 'normal', and that he says ALL LT5's have...

====================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
A quick question.....how can a chip change have an effect on a serious oil burning engine when said oil has to come from;

1. Bad Rings (sucks oil on intake stroke from bottom end).
2. Bad Rings (pushes exhaust gases past rings on compression stroke).
3. intake valve guides (sucking oil from under cam covers on intake stroke).
4. PCV system excessive oil fed into Plenum associated with item #2 and #3 above.

OR,

4a) TOO LIGHT-VISCOSITY OIL (which Mark ruled out in HIS case).

Items above assuming no Head Gasket leaks allowing a direct path for oil into the combustion chamber. All items above are mechanical with the so called chip (electrical) solution which has NO effect on rings or valve guides.

We are assuming the "smoke" is Blue and the Oil Loss is real.

I will think further on this but for now I am busy planting corn and beans
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #122
A26B

Quote:
A quick question............

How busy can it be, riding in that air conditioned cab, with quadriphonic stereo, (maybe even satellite TV) and GPs guidance steering the tractor?

When you figure it out, I would like to know too!

1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #123
Schrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
How busy can it be, riding in that air conditioned cab, with quadriphonic stereo, (maybe even satellite TV) and GPs guidance steering the tractor?

When you figure it out, I would like to know too!

He's probably hatin' life, with no Drone tractor, rather havin' to put up with a lowly i-Tractor...

Alarm clock (for quittin' time)
Sport bucket seats
Paddle-Shift
10Megs/s weblink for YouTube / ZR1 boards
Blu-Ray / USB / SD/MMC / USB / 32"plasma TV
Domino's
Kindle
Where's the fridge?

Must be pretty indignifying having to hold a tilt-telescoping wheel, instead of a Joy-Stick?

I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Old 04-22-2014   #124
Kevin

well this thread got off track..tor just posting for a bad joke not telling anyone to get back on track. Just having fun, carry on
Old 04-22-2014   #125
Schrade

COPS - Cheese it guys!

Old 04-22-2014   #126
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Well now isn't that a picture of beauty

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237

Last edited by Blue Flame Restorations; 04-22-2014 at 05:51 PM.
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #127
Blue Flame Restorations

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
Well now isn't that a picture of beauty
Even a seat for the Mrs.....!
1990 ZR-1 #444 Convertible
1990 ZR-1 Black #966
1991 ZR-1 Quazar Blue #296
1957 Duntov SS Project
Blue Flame Restorations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #128
Hib Halverson

Quote:
A quick question.....how can a chip change have an effect on a serious oil burning engine when said oil has to come from;

1. Bad Rings (sucks oil on intake stroke from bottom end).
2. Bad Rings (pushes exhaust gases past rings on compression stroke).
3. intake valve guides (sucking oil from under cam covers on intake stroke).
4. PCV system excessive oil fed into Plenum associated with item #2 and #3 above.

Items above assuming no Head Gasket leaks allowing a direct path for oil into the combustion chamber. All items above are mechanical with the so called chip (electrical) solution which has NO effect on rings or valve guides.

We are assuming the "smoke" is Blue and the Oil Loss is real.
Located inside the crankcase near the CPS is an undocumented device caledl an
oil vapor inversion initiator valve" (OVIAV) which is controlled by the ECM. On most LT5s, the table which controls that is disabled, but on a few cars, originally sold in certain areas of North America, that system is enabled. If it is enabled and the valve begins to malfunction, oil use skyrockets. Typically, if engine which has had OVAIV disabled for a long time is switched to a cal with the system enabled, it will experience a valve failure in short order. The first cal must have enabled the valve and it failed. Obviously, when "mitsumark" changed to the cal he got from "LGAFF", he got a cal with the OVIAV disabled, again, so oil use went back down.

This post was moderated for "some" of its content. PM sent
current owner 19 VIN 1878

Last edited by Blue Flame Restorations; 04-22-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Hib Halverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #129
Jagdpanzer

Well put Hib!
You've got me convinced.
George Braml Intake
Jagdpanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #130
scottfab

Quote: