ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 12-14-2003   #11
Anonymous

Z Factor

I know, it's hard to believe anyone would pay that much for a 95 regardless of the miles. I would hope that the person buying it doesn't intend on driving it everyday because it will drop like a rock in value considering it's age. If they store it properly, drive it enough just to keep it in good shape, and resell it in the future it will make a good investment. There is still two days left. I wonder how high it will go?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003   #12
Anonymous

Z Factor

Actually, I just noticed that a new ebay id ran the price up to reach the reserve in the span of ten minutes. I think it might be a NPB, but you never know. If I were the seller, I would qualify that bidder ASAP so they don't mess up the auction.
Old 12-14-2003   #13
Anonymous

I also noticed that the car has met reserve at $60K. Owner of this car must be hurting, or he has decided to cut his losses? I'm sure he bought it thinking it would sky-rocket in value? Truth is $60K is well under the dealer new cost on that car and I'm sure the owner has kept in insured all these years, so add another few thousand to his losses. Cars like this one are nice to see, but as someone pointed out the only way the car will hold it's current or future value is if it is left in it's current condition. Unless it's a museum or other collecter with BIG BUCKS, it makes no sense to invest in a car like this one. I guarantee you $60K put into the bank, even at todays rates will return a lot more $$ over a 10 or twenty year period of time. I think also that a lot of you would be surprised how many cars like this one there are out there, I mean "still in the wrapper" ZR's. I would bet at least 100 or more. You see them now every so once in a while coming up for sale as the owners decide it was a bad investment. It's similar to the '78 Pace Car fiasco, I know of at least 5 of those that are still sitting in their wrappers waiting for the market to go up on them.