ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-03-2008   #11
djpatrick35

Default Re: trouble with my zr1

Wow! You should really get that car up to show condition!

What's the story on this car? Did you drop an LT5 into a convertible and when did you do it?! Also, if this car is an '89, how did it get a '90-'92 dash?

Tell us the story!!!
[B]1990 Black ZR-1 #2212[/B] Totaled... :(
[B]2007 Z51 'vert :mrgreen:[/B]
[B]1988 35th Ann. Edition #962[/B] (Sold...) :cry:
djpatrick35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008   #12
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpatrick35
Wow! You should really get that car up to show condition!

What's the story on this car? Did you drop an LT5 into a convertible and when did you do it?! Also, if this car is an '89, how did it get a '90-'92 dash?

Tell us the story!!!

I had the same questions. Has to be a vert wide body conversion. I was looking for the Atari dash as well. GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #13
1FST ZR-1

The front end is 91 0r later and the rub strips are different, so there is a little miss match but damn still very very cool. Looks to be very close to being finished and can be really nice if all the parts can be found, would be really sweet to have the 8k digi dash.
1FST ZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #14
zr1con

This car was imported from usa to germany where it was owned by a doctor that had 6 other vettes,i am not sure where these modifications has been done, a friend of mine picked it up in germany .

I have not looked at the chassi number jet, i got it for a good price.

Your right about front and rear are 91 style from ecklers front lights are in the mail from corvette central(the old ones where mounted with building foam i cant have that), but i have a problem getting the molds on the side of the rear bumper, anyone got a pair to sell me ?

About the dash , i thought all zr1 had the same dash and the digi dash was on the standard c4 early edition.

Is there any list to compare chassi nr to see if its a genuine z?, maybe this car has been crashed and thats the reason for both conv and front,rear bumpers.
zr1con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #15
Jeffvette

Just post the vin # on the lower driver side portion of the windshield.
Old 04-04-2008   #16
95ZR1#418

Isn't that interesting....those pics...If you want help you have to feed the animals first!! You realize this could be a car of significant history & so people in the "know" need to know what it is. Give Jeff the VIN & after the hoopla I'm sure things will settle down and some serious questions can be answered...

[IMG]http://www.axoplasmic.com/800x600/toponzr1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.axoplasmic.com/800x600/topoffzr1.jpg[/IMG][URL="http://axoplasmic.com/AXOPLASMIC/ZR1.html"]My '95 ZR-1 Home Page[/URL]
95ZR1#418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #17
Jeffvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1con

First test drives went great ful power and a big smil on my face but today my vacuum pump for this secondery system went silent , i have no power to the pump, is there a unit that controls this pump or a relay somewhere?
There is a 10 amp inline fuse on the driver side fender well near the battery. That fuse may have popped.
Old 04-04-2008   #18
zr1con

Hi , here is the win number GM : 1G1YZ23J8L5800165

Let me know if anyone have any historie on this car.

I will look for that fuse to night, thanks
Old 04-04-2008   #19
zr1con

You guys just saved me a lot of time, i found it and it had popped,the pump started up but didnt stop,put my finger on the pump and it stopped.
At that time i thought **** the plenum must of but for once i had some luck ,the hose from the pump towards the plenum was leaking,i replaced it with some silicon hose i have for another car and the pump stopped for around 5 min than started for a few seconds. Thats the way it should be right?

Its raining so i have to wait with the test drive but i think this should take care of my problems .
I think the hose was the first problem than the pump has been on for a long time and the fuse popped.
Old 04-04-2008   #20
dbriana

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1con
Hi , here is the win number GM : 1G1YZ23J8L5800165

Let me know if anyone have any historie on this car.

I will look for that fuse to night, thanks
I am no expert but looks to be a 90 ZR-1.
dbriana is offline   Reply With Quote