ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-08-2008   #11
GOLDCYLON

Default Re: Drained the bank account again...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthompson
It was worth it. It just never ends.

I have discovered after two years of ZR-1 ownership that owning a ZR-1 is the second best money reducing agent known to man. Second only to women.
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008   #12
kenthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvzr1
-=Jeff=-,

Did Marc acknowledge the build? Since there were so few (we suspect) builds he could likely ID the car/owner they were done for and confirm. I asked the eBay seller the information from the engine he had and received the wrong information to ID the car. Since I wasn't a participant in the auction for any of the stuff he had I left it at that.

---------------------------------

Ken,

Since your the winning bidder the seller might have more interest in providing you with the information from the engine, if he still has and the transmission that he has still up for bidding. With the VIN you could "carfax" the information and maybe learn considerable. The car might actually be recorded in the "RIP's" here on the Registry!
My concern because the seller had "so few" LT5/ZR-1 parts available was maybe they were a set of "specialty headers" done for a project. It would be good if Marc ID'd them as his, you're all set!
I see in you sig you've got PE exhaust now. I'd be interested in resonance of the system on the car presently with factory manifolds/cats etc. I might try the PE's with the factory stuff first before doing the headers.
My PE system, GS calipers(4), 3.90 differential, Watson headers, QA1 coil-overs and KWR shifter mod kit are all in boxes expecting an install this Spring.
Well, Marc confirmed that the headers were his, and that he only built one set with air injection on them.

As far as resonance, I took it out for a drive Sunday specifically to address drone. About 2000 RPM, it has a bit of noticable drone or resonance. I typically cure this by either speeding up or turning the stereo up a bit more.

I plan on reusing the PE exhaust capsules, but rebuilding the exhaust system to a full 3" with x-pipe when I put the headers on. I don't know what the resonance would be with that. I figure it will be loud though.

Sounds like we will be close in mods, except for the 4.10's I have.

Too many for the sig.
kenthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #13
ZR WON

I still find it nothing short of amazing that a certain individual on the 'other' Forum insisted they were Watsons...

That said, it seems like a pretty fair price on the headers. I would be interested in knowing what kind of power increase you get. I spoke with Marc at length during a past Gathering about the 'shorty' headers. He was unsure if they were going to 'make the number' at the time. As others may have mentioned, I think he was looking for an option to use catalysts in the stock location(as it's becoming a requirement across many parts of the US).

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
12.09@118
01 Z06
not quite stock

Last edited by ZR WON; 04-09-2008 at 07:28 PM.
ZR WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008   #14
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR WON
I still find it nothing short of amazing that a certain individual on the 'other' Forum insisted they were Watsons...

That said, it seems like a pretty fair price on the headers. I would be interested in knowing what kind of power increase you get. I spoke with Marc at length during a past Gathering about the 'shorty' headers. He was unsure if they were going to 'make the number' at the time. As others may have mentioned, I think he was looking for an option to use catalysts in the stock location(as it's becoming a requirement across many parts of the US).

Brian A.
90 ZR-1
12.09@118
01 Z06
not quite stock
http://zr1netregistry.com/forum/show...93&postcount=7
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978