ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

View Poll Results: Will you buy a new C6 Z-6???
YES, love it and worth every penny 10 23.81%
NO, definitely not! (Pls explain in a post below) 24 57.14%
UNDECIDED, but giving it serious consideration 8 19.05%
None of your business!!! 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2005   #11
HHZR1

I'd like to have a new Z06 but it is impossible to justify the extra money when my ZR1 is so much fun.

However I am willing to trade immediately one-for-one.
HHZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005   #12
mimzr1

Not at this time. Gotta put a kid through college. Maybe by the time she's out, there'll be some nice low mileage used
ones for sale.

-Mim
mimzr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #13
cuisinartvette

Not for me. Awesome machine indeed, but as fast as technology is progressing the performance stats will be old news soon. The Z is more of an oddball no matter how outdated. Think about it. Until the LS1 had been out for a few years and guys figured out how to make them run, there was nothing better than the Z. That's at least a good 10 year run of being the King! LS1's are quick, but there is nothing unique about the LS series of engines, being produced in everything from vettes to vans; for some reason the bodylines don't appeal to me; but a great car nevertheless.
Old 08-12-2005   #14
ZR1 MK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuisinartvette
there is nothing unique about the LS series of engines, being produced in everything from vettes to vans.
You better do a little research on the LS7 engine, for if you do, that comment will surely change.
ZR1 MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005   #15

No not buying a new zo6. Just paid for my oldest daughters wedding and my twins start collage next year. Anyway my ZR1 has always been my dream car, it's all I need.
902066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005   #16
dsinned

Interesting poll . . . so far the majority of ZR-1 Net members are NOT going for the new Z. Even more interesting - although the cost factor has been mentioned several times - nobody has brought up the sluggish economic conditions continuing to hamper high priced car sales since 9-11.

Still quite poor nationwide are such things as job security, cost of living raises, stocks and bonds not nearly as lucrative as they use to be, businesses still hanging on by a thread, higher (record level) price of gas, etc, etc.

Buying a luxury car or in this case an ultra high performance C6 is generally purchased with discretionary funds (i.e. surplus income). There just isn't much of that to go around these days.

Which in a way is good because for those of us patient enough to wait out the enviatible price gouging for the first model year (and beyond?), MSRP will once again become meaningless just as it did for the ZR-1 and the price to be paid will fall.

The other factor quite naturally is the number of these new Zs that will be produced; the more the better for exactly the same reason.

In the end the law of supply and demand will dictate just how "desireable" owning one of these new Zs is to the hordes of working class enthusiasts. A Corvette showroom priced at $65,800, with various options, tax and license fees, puts it into 70 thousand range! Add financing charges and it becomes a major investment. The monthly payments prohibitive for 9 to 5ers.

Still a bargain as opposed to most other high priced cars even remotely comparable to the Z's performance; nevertheless, certainly beyond most everyones' spending allowance.

Last edited by dsinned; 08-13-2005 at 02:36 PM.
dsinned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005   #17
Jeffvette

After getting a chance to drive one a few weeks ago, the answer will be yes. But I will not get rid of the ZR-1 to do so.
Old 08-17-2005   #18
cuisinartvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZR1 MK
You better do a little research on the LS7 engine, for if you do, that comment will surely change.
I am familiar with the LS7 engine; spent a lot of time around LS1/6 buildups; Its JMO that the DOHC motor was just a bit more ahead of its time than the LS7 is today. I'm not disounting the LS7 by saying that; they do make some stupid power, and have some serious parts in them.
I personally decided not to buy a C6Z;there will be plenty of low mile examples around many years from now to be had on the cheap. Until then,(and hopefully afterwards) I'll continue playing with the Z. I can't get past the presence of these z's from the rearview!

Last edited by cuisinartvette; 08-17-2005 at 10:14 PM.
cuisinartvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #19
Bell Curve

Voted no because I cannot afford it.
Bell Curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005   #20
bobbyhi

Not for a few years. Price should be more reasonable to my wallet...
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote